Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 4.1.37 update is breaking our sites

• Blair Corbett
    • Rocketeer
    • Breaking the Chains

Gantry 4.1.37 update is breaking our sites

Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    • All of our sites use Rockettheme templates on Gantry urged to upgrade to Gantry 4.1.37 from 4.1.36 but when I do I get the following 500 errors.

"This page isn’t working unchainedproject.org is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"

I am using Akeeba Backup to restore this site but this is the second site so it is definitely Gantry causing it. I made sure our Rockettheme template was also up to date, but it didn't help. I can still access the Joomla admin area.
      Help?
      Blair
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 4.1.37 update is breaking our sites

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please tell me the full error message from the apache error log.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Blair Corbett
    • Rocketeer
    • Breaking the Chains

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok several issues - none of them related to G4.1.37

1. You have upgraded PHP to v7.2
      2. Rokcommon 3.2.5 was still installed when neither rokgallery or roksprocket were installed - rokcommon 3.2.5 is not compatible with PHP7.x so I have uninstalled it completely as you are not using it anyway. This made all the zillions of error messages go away.
      3. You php memory_limit is way too low at 32M - this needs to be increased to at least 128M in your php.ini or cPanel/Plesk.
      4. upload_max_filesize is way too small at 2M and should be increased to at least 16M in your php.ini or cPanel/Plesk.
      5. post_max_size is too small at 8M and should be increased to at least 16M in your php.ini or cPanel/Plesk.

So basically it looks like someone upgrade PHP version and did not set all the setting for it correctly.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Blair Corbett
    • Rocketeer
    • Breaking the Chains

• ok thank you for deleting that. So you think all of those plus that file were causing the problem when I upgraded Gantry?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes I do.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds