Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Main menu in gantry template

• Main menu in gantry template

Posted 13 years 10 months ago
    • i'm using the kinetic template and now i've istalled the gantry template v3 and update the library. In template manager i set as default the new gantry template to see the effect, but in the front end i don't see the main menu which is using the "haeder a" position. I've try to change all the setting in order to activate the menu navigation but i can see the logo and the other module position but not the main menu
      Thank you for your help
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Main menu in gantry template

• hi there,

make sure to install the roknavmenu extension in order for the kinetic menu to work properly.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: Main menu in gantry template

• Hi, thank you for your assistance. The menu in kinetic template works properly, I also update roknav menu with the last version. The problem comes when i turn the template from kinetic to gantry template. When gantry template is set as default the menu in header position disappeared. I'd like to use both template in order to get different template in different page.
      Enrico
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi enrico,

please note that the gantry template itself does not have support for the roknavmenu by default.
      that is because the gantry template is a free template, whereas the roknavmenu extension is only available to club members.

at some point there will be a tutorial on the gantry-framework site to explain how to add roknavmenu support to the default gantry template.

www.gantry-framework.org

• Thank you very much for your head up. i was little confused about gantry library, gantry template and template club. Now I understand thanks to your indication. I keep going with my kinetic template using the item menu to set up different layout page.
      Enrico
    • Ratheau

Posted 13 years 9 months ago
    • Hello everybody,

So, I use this topic to talk about the problem I meet because it seems to be the same, or tantamount.

I use Joomla for two weeks and I add gantry on my website : the library and the template. But from the beginnning I encoutered a problem and don't find a solution : the main menu doesn't appear in the front page of my website....
      After some research, I donwload the Roknavmenu. I install it, activate the plugin and it doesn't change anything... I don't know what to do now.

Is there someone to help me ?

• Hi Ratheau. what is the template you are using? I think only the club template support roknavmenu. The free template like gantry template doesn't support roknavmenu.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi ratheau,

eric is right, the free gantry template does not have support for the roknavmenu, only the commercial gantry templates do.

the setup the horizontal menu as seen in the gantry demo here:
      demo.gantry-framework.org/
      you will have to setup a mod_mainmenu as seen in the screenshots.

please let me know if you need more detailed instructions to get it working.

• Ratheau

• Ok, it's alright. Thanks for our help !

Can I ask another question ?

In our main menu, we have some submenu, but with gantry template (I mean free gantry template) these one doesn't appear.

How to resolve that ??
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

at the moment, the horizontal menu in the navigation position does not show any child items. you can publish the menu also to the sidebar position where the child items will appear.

when the tutorial is out (we're working on it) you will be able to have a fusion menu with child item dropdown by using the club extension roknavmenu.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds