Upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12 renders error message

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12 renders error message

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
  • Re: Upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12 renders error message

• Thank you! Back in business. Still on php 5.1.6 though. Have a nice day!

• Anyone want to post the answer so that those of us who are not able to access it can know how to fix this issue?

• FYI - I get this...

Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/workshopwest/workshopwest.org/components/com_gantry/admin/admin_format.php on line 16

Only problem is, that file does not exist. I followed the automatic update instructions for Gantry 2.5X. Perhaps saying what cache files need to be deleted would be helpful.
    • DianaRae
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I just had to "roll back" to 3.0.11 as well. I got the same errors as above:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I am using:
      Kinetic 1.5.6
      PHP Version: 5.2.14
      mysql version: 5.1.39-log
      Joomla version: 1.5.21 Stable

When I had installed 3.0.12 I got those errors, so I made the changes to the admin_format.php as Andy suggested. www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=38..._v=viewtopic#p560323

Then I manually cleared my cache through FTP. And after doing that the error went away.
      However, after doing that I no longer had the entire top part of the gantry template area:

So I had to revert back to 3.0.11 to get the top back:

I figured I would give you all of the information, because there is definately something wrong.
    • Diana Rae
      *I was a blond in my past life - please be patient*

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • Again, people keep posting the "solution" to this issue in the a restricted section, which I can't access because I let my membership lapse, and I can't afford to sign up again JUST to solve this issue.

If Gantry is indeed a fully free GPL system, it doesn't make much sense to post fixes to big issues like updates in sections that people using it without paying Rockettheme for a 1 year membership can't access. Unless Rockettheme is just looking to make a little money off people who think this forum will hold all the answers they need.

May I suggest that Rockettheme STOP doing this? Otherwise, what's the point in making the system available separately from your templates? Either that, or just put a big post on the Gantry site saying "it's free, but if you want support you have to join Rockettheme.

Please re-post the solution here, so those of us who are having the same issue can fix it without forking out $70 to Rockettheme!
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Michael R Cowie wrote:
      Again, people keep posting the "solution" to this issue in the a restricted section, which I can't access because I let my membership lapse, and I can't afford to sign up again JUST to solve this issue.

If Gantry is indeed a fully free GPL system, it doesn't make much sense to post fixes to big issues like updates in sections that people using it without paying Rockettheme for a 1 year membership can't access. Unless Rockettheme is just looking to make a little money off people who think this forum will hold all the answers they need.

Offering up source code under GPL and offer support are two different things. Support requires a significant number of people to keep up with the volume of Joomla questions asked here. Please check out team page: The Team .

As for the solution to your problem...it's posted on the Gantry site for anyone and everyone to view:
      http://www.gantry-framework.org/news/72-issues-with-joomla-version-3012-

The link is there and states that you should use 3.0.11 for now until we can work more on the changes made in the backend. Updates and explanations are totally offered for public view. Individual support may be offered in our members only forums though.

• Hi - I'm also struggling with this problem - and see that you require PHP 5.2.x. This is a SIGNIFICANT problem for those of us running stock Redhat Enterprise / CentOS systems that run PHP 5.1.6. Is there anything we can do to make it work without requiring a PHP upgrade?
      Thanks
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Not just for RocketTheme, or even Gantry, but overall any PHP script at this point that requires PHP5 means PHP 5.2+

There were many significant problems and issues with PHP < 5.2 and it is strongly advised to upgrade to something newer if you are running anything less than 5.2
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• PHP 5.1.6 was released 4 years ago so it's of course adviced to upgrade :)
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds