Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED J4: clearing cache: 500 Layout default not found.

• Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED J4: clearing cache: 500 Layout default not found.

Posted 1 year 7 months ago
    • Greetings

I have J4 gantry 5 new install

When I try to click "Clear cache" it gives me 500 Layout default not found.

Plus the following error codes:

any idea whats going on here?

Call stack
      # Function Location
      1 () JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:420
      2 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:203
      3 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_cache/src/View/Cache/HtmlView.php:115
      4 Joomla\Component\Cache\Administrator\View\Cache\HtmlView->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:639
      5 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:672
      6 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
      7 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:355
      8 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
      9 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
      10 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:294
      11 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
      12 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED J4: clearing cache: 500 Layout default not found.

• No, sorry. It looks like your Joomla installation is corrupted to me.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Wow this is bizarre!

Its a new install!

I've largely had nothing but problems with Joomla even with J3 and I am new to this

I made no large changes that I know of except a restore from older backup

Any idea what I could try here? re-install core files?

This makes me want to give up on Joomla
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You could try reinstalling core files, gantry 5 and template (do not uninstall either of these first, just install on top).

No one else seems to have the issues that you have so I'm inclined to think it's something you are doing rather than their being any issues with Joomla or our products.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

• so I could manually unzip the Joomla_4.0.4-Stable-Full_Package.zip into the public_html folder and it wont over-write templates and such?

It will not let me re-install core files in the back end as it gives me errors as well :-(

Yes, makes me wonder if someone doesnt like what I am trying to do with my site? :-)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Nooooo. Absolutely not. To reinstall core files go to joomla updater and click the button "reinstall core joomla files"

Regards, Mark.
    • Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Yes I went there and it won't let me as I think I said. It also gives me errors to re-install core joomla files.

What the heck?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry, nothing more I can do or say other than to go back to a previous backup.

Regards, Mark.
    • Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Very bizarre

Now its letting me reinstall core files after all these errors.

I am not doing anything significant that I think

Ghost in the machine?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Nothing more I can add, sorry.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds