Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Producing FP errors after uninstall...

• Producing FP errors after uninstall...

Posted 13 years 5 months ago
    • I put the MC template on my development site http://dev.source.com and it reformatted my page layout. We were running two separate template installs of a JoomlaShine template (JSN_Epic). One eliminated the Main Body portion of the page for JUST our home page and the others were standard. This enabled our home page to have a left and right positions that occupied the full 990px width of the page.

After dropping MC onto the back end, the main site front page added in the main position back into the site again.

This was the only change I've made to the site, so I uninstalled the MC template but the front page changes seem to be permanent. I can toss my DEV site with no problems, but I would prefer not to just because it's less work. Anyone care to let me know what the MC template may have done here so I can avoid this happening again? The front page on http://www.source.com is what it is supposed to still look like. I've installed Adminpad and Kherpi 2 before without any problems on my dev site, so I'm wondering what the deal with this is...

• Re: Producing FP errors after uninstall...

• I'm dumping my DEV site to a fresh install, so consider this a bug report.

I've been able to twice verify this myself on a clean install of my DEV site, just installing the Mission Control Admin template breaks my Front Page only template by re-adding the Main Feature body position to the position.

Given that I'm having troubles with this and the confirmed iPad incompatibility, I'm steering clear of this for the time being. When this goes public, I may give it another go as I really do like the look of the interface.

Another bug to report... IE7/8 has issues with layering of the RokQuickview window on the main dashboard and the drop down menus. Menus fall behind the QuickView window. This can be fixed through proper <DIV> layering, as I've manually done this to my own site for IE7/8 users.

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Producing FP errors after uninstall...

• Can't see how the admin template could possible influence anything related to frontend/frontpage layout. It simply is not capable of doing anything like that.

Regarding the IE issues, those will be addressed in time. For now use a better modern browser. Remember this is an Alpha release, and not anywhere near finished.
  • Re: Producing FP errors after uninstall...

• Believe you me, I didn't think it could be the case either, but I tested it twice and each time, just installing the plugin on a clean version of my site produced this error. If you visit my dev site linked before now, you'll see the FPSS plugin on the right side but in a "Main Body" position. Putting MC in would force the Main Body position to reinsert itself into the front page template (and as I mentioned before, I have two templates running on my site, one is the front page ONLY), which would drop a large blank space into the front page to the exact proportions of the main body areas seen on other pages of the site. I think it was basically not allowing for two templates to be run on the live side of the site, but I don't know why.

Maybe it was ignoring the "assigned" template in favor of only using the "Default" template for all portions of the live site. I'm theorizing obviously as I don't have time to test it out again today.

:oops: I'm normally on Firefox or Chrome for development, my boss only uses IE8 and I wanted to see how it performed before I sprung the template on him. Seeing as how it is alpha, I'm going to stick with Kherpi and Adminipad for the time being. I'll test out the template again in the future as it is REALLY nice looking.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds