Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

New forum search enabled!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

New forum search enabled!

Posted 17 years 4 days ago
    • Thanks to help from xyzulu, we now have a new search engine powering the forum. This search engine uses a stand-alone search daemon and indexer to provide better search results much faster than before! This should really help people track down questions in the forums that have already been addressed.

Cheers!
  • Re: New forum search enabled!

• Sweet! I always found the search feature limiting - thanks for the improvement
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

• well its nice, but does this mean you better of use advance search rather tha just typing in what you want in the search field? Because for example if I just type "Colormatic Control Panel" in the text field, i get no result, but specifying more with the advance search provides with sweet results.
    • No money to extend membership :(

• Livingstone wrote:
      well its nice, but does this mean you better of use advance search rather tha just typing in what you want in the search field? Because for example if I just type "Colormatic Control Panel" in the text field, i get no result, but specifying more with the advance search provides with sweet results.
      It's not perfect.. but we've found it far more resource friendly as well as faster on all SMF boards we've tested on. Good tip about using advanced search for certain things..
    • Brad Baker
      www.rochen.com - Managed Dedicated, Reseller & Multiple Domain Hosting.
      www.joomlatutorials.com - Learn Joomla! the easy way.
      You cannot tell which way the train went by looking at the track.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds