Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

FREE US JoomlaDay @Goolgeplex - May 12,13

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

FREE US JoomlaDay @Goolgeplex - May 12,13

Posted 16 years 11 months ago
    • Meet me and all the other Joomla! core developers in mountainview, ca, on May 12,13. Best of all it's free!

The inaugural Joomla!Day USA promises to be something special. Organiser Ryan Ozimek, who is putting together the USA's first Joomla!Day, says the additional appeal of holding the event at the Googleplex has created quite a buzz in the American community.

Ryan today unveiled the registration pages for Joomla!Day USA West and expects the two day event (May 12-13) will draw Joomla! users from throughout the western US to Google in Mountain View, California. "It's highly appropriate we kicked this event off in a significant way, and thanks to Google's generosity we're hoping to fill the available seats pretty fast," he said.

Ryan said the event will be driven by the innovative "un-conference" format, facilitated by Penguin Day creator Allen Gunn, of Aspiration. "Having Allen here to help with the format is going to excite and challenge minds ... and, I hope this will be welcomed as an interesting way to share knowledge and have fun simultaneously."

The Joomla!Day West is limited to 125 seats, so you need to book fast if you want a seat. If you miss out there are two more Joomla!Days planned for the 2007 calendar in the US — Joomla!Day USA Midwest in Austin, TX, and Joomla!Day USA East New York, NY.

Recommended accommodation providers are Wild Palms Hotel or Avante, and more information about accommodation will be provided at the Joomla!Day USA West Web site: www.joomladayusa.org .
  • Re: FREE US JoomlaDay @Goolgeplex - May 12,13

• Joomla Day Midwest in Austin?! Heck Yeah! Sad that I'm going to miss the Googleplex...

• Shame my private jet is broken, I would have come to harass visit everybody.

What actually happens at these Joomla! days?
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

• James S! wrote:
      Shame my private jet is broken, I would have come to harass visit everybody.

Macrame.

Lots, and lots of macrame.

Incidentally... I don't think Texas should count as midwest. "Midwest" shouldn't be defined as "far away from pretty much everyone not already in Texas."
    • They were forced to eat Robin's minstrels.... and there was much rejoicing.

• James S! wrote:

www.joomladayusa.org check out the schedule ideas.
    • Brad Baker
      www.rochen.com - Managed Dedicated, Reseller & Multiple Domain Hosting.
      www.joomlatutorials.com - Learn Joomla! the easy way.
      You cannot tell which way the train went by looking at the track.
    • darinb
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: FREE US JoomlaDay @Goolgeplex - May 12,13

• Adam Lasik wrote:

Incidentally... I don't think Texas should count as midwest. "Midwest" shouldn't be defined as "far away from pretty much everyone not already in Texas."

Indeed--who names these things?

Just for reference for our out-of-country friends, "Midwest"usually refers to those States that are not part of "the South" which border the "East Coast"--places like Indiana, Illinois, etc. "The South" is the South all the way to the Mississippi, with the exception of Florida. We don't think about Florida much excpet during elections. Texas is NOT part of "the South" "and certainly NOT the "midwest" (soem say it may not even be a part of the USA!)--it is simply "Texas." Above Texas are the "Great Plains States", then the "Mountain States", below which are the "Southwest" (which doesn't include California), then the "Northwest" (which means Oregon and Washington State and suspicions of Canadian involvement), and then California, which is just "California" but has it's own complex internal division (such as central California being called "Northern California.").

Tell the organizers to just "Google it" next time....sheeez.

--Darin
    • Mack
    • Elite Rocketeer

• darinb wrote:
      and then California, which is just "California" but has it's own complex internal division (such as central California being called "Northern California.").

Depends on where you're from. I grew up in San Diego. I consider anything north of San Clemente to be Southern Oregon and not actually in California.

When the real big one hits California is not going to fall off into the Pacific. Actually the rest of the US is going to fall off into the Atlantic and California will become an island.

Have fun at the conference and take some pictures.

• I've never been to the USA before, let alone CA or San Jose/San Franscisco.

Looking forward to it though.. see some of you there. :)
    • Brad Baker
      www.rochen.com - Managed Dedicated, Reseller & Multiple Domain Hosting.
      www.joomlatutorials.com - Learn Joomla! the easy way.
      You cannot tell which way the train went by looking at the track.
    • darinb
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Mack wrote:
      Depends on where you're from. I grew up in San Diego. I consider anything north of San Clemente to be Southern Oregon and not actually in California.

Of course, anything south of LA is Mexico... :)

--Darin
    • Bob Ateah
    • Elite Rocketeer

• James S! wrote:

If you fix your private jet in time, can you please, please, please come pick me up!?

Dagnabit I sure would like to be there... :'(
      James S! wrote:

What happens at Joomla! days, stays at Joomla! days! :D ;)
    • Last Edit: 16 years 11 months ago by Bob Ateah.
    • The member formerly known as Roland Deschain
      After your question is solved, please Edit your original post and choose the Solved message icon, thank you!

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds