Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

DISCUSS: Joomla 2.5.x Compatibility Matrix

• oerb
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: DISCUSS: Joomla 2.5.x Compatibility Matrix

Posted 12 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hello,

This is just a question about the Compatibility Matrix and the templates. I just noticed that the Mission Control (1.5) template was removed from your downloads section, which isn't that big of a deal to me, since I still have a copy on my hard drive. What I am worried about though, is whether the remaining 1.5 templates and extensions are going to start disappearing without prior notice from you guys.

I hate to say it, but I may have to continue using 1.5 templates and extensions for a few more months, due to the fact that a few extension developers out there are still "diligently working on the 2.5 version" of their extensions. I know that this isn't technically your problem, but it would be helpful to get a heads-up somehow before the 1.5 versions of the templates start disappearing from your downloads section.

Would you happen to know when Mr. Miller is going to have you all begin removing the 1.5 templates and extensions from the "Downloads" section of your website?

Just asking.
    • Last Edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by oerb.
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• oerb
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Sorry about that Ben. I read that post a couple of months ago, but was thrown off by Mission Control (1.5) not being available anymore. Looks like I'm safe through the end of 2012 like the article says, and I'm going to assume that the Mission Control (1.5) template disappearing is an exception.

Thanks for the quick response!
    • NCL

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • Hello

Any idea when Vortex will be ready for Joomla 2.5? Need to upgrade / change older site and want to do clean install of Joomla 2.5 and use Vortex.

Thanks
    • AE&S

• Anyone give any update on what the delay is with converting mynxx to 2.5? It's been sitting on the "IN PROGRESS" status for quite some time, and I'm sure there's lots of other rocketeers who have used this for some time (probably because of the virtuemart integration). Could you give us rocketeers at least some idea of how far (e.g. %) you have got through the IN PROGRESS stage?

I have taken over a site with this template and signed up for a membership - want to cut over to J2.5 and leave a lot of legacy stuff behind.
      It's not going to take month'sssss is it? - would be unfortunate.
  • Re: DISCUSS: Joomla 2.5.x Compatibility Matrix

• AE&S wrote:
      Anyone give any update on what the delay is with converting mynxx to 2.5? It's been sitting on the "IN PROGRESS" status for quite some time, and I'm sure there's lots of other rocketeers who have used this for some time (probably because of the virtuemart integration). Could you give us rocketeers at least some idea of how far (e.g. %) you have got through the IN PROGRESS stage?

I have taken over a site with this template and signed up for a membership - want to cut over to J2.5 and leave a lot of legacy stuff behind.
      It's not going to take month'sssss is it? - would be unfortunate.
      Apologies for taking it so long. We have some issues with Virtuemart integration that hold our conversion of Mynxx. We decided to release Mynxx first without Virtuemart integration very soon and we plan on adding Virtuemart integration for it when version 2.1 is out.
    • AE&S

• that'd good to hear, - as I understand, virtuemart is a bit "idiosyncratic" so you are preferring to wait for a version that will integrate a little easier, is that it?

also does that mean that some of the tighter php error levels in 5.3/5.4 will also be taken care of (so a small delay is worth the wait?)

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Can we get the year listed so when scrolling through RTs massive collection of templates, we know sort of where we are, on the list?

Also, if there is a 2.5 RL planned, can we get something to denote that?
    • Thank you,
      Jason

Server #1: 4-Cores @ 2.3Ghz | 8GB RAM | Plesk Control Panel v11.0.9 | Apache/2.2.3-65.el5 | mySQL: 5.5.23 | PHP: 5.3.10
      Server #2: 8-Cores @ 2.5Ghz | 16GB RAM | Plesk Control Panel v11.0.9 | Apache/2.2.15-15.el6 | mySQL: 5.5.25 | PHP: 5.4.4
    • Brocks

Posted 11 years 7 months ago
    • Hi.

I have searched the forum for this but cant find anything relevant.
      If there is already a guide to this, i would be glad to recieve a link.

Question:
      If i migrate my joomla from 1.5.26 to 2.5, then i guess i have to "migrate" my template, nebulae_j15 (1.5.0) to the newest 2.5 version as well.
      But, i have customized my template, specially to make colours match the colors of my logo. its been a while, but i think everything was done in the css files.
      Is there a way of migrating without loosing my design?
      can i back-up the css files, and then rewite them when 2.5 nebulae template is installed?

www.brocks.no/dansestudio

Thank you,
      Ray

Posted 11 years 7 months ago
    • You can't just import them you. You really need to "diff" your CSS changes and apply them individually to the 2.5 version. Some CSS has to be changed quite radically to match 2.5, so it really depends on the nature of your changes.

For example, see: www.rockettheme.com/blog/coding/395-upda...-after-customisation
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds