Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

DISCUSS: RTv3 Launch Date + Downtime

• Re: DISCUSS: RTv3 Launch Date + Downtime

Posted 10 years 2 months ago

• That explains that. On my system Firefox has always had a problem with some Flash coding, or whatever in the heck it is. I gave up trying to figure it out and just live with it. I just went back to my initial thread for a second time in FF and now when I click on the blue bubble I get the fly out. Go figure! Now for the Smileys... <grin>

Changes made and thank you Djamil. I like to clean up after myself. Also, I really, really do like the folks here on RT!
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

Re: DISCUSS: RTv3 Launch Date + Downtime

• @Wayne

A button to mark topic as solved is coming as soon as we have been fixed the more critical issues first. Our goal was to have the button available before launch, but there were just too many other things which seemed to be more important than that.

I need to check the Kunena template, though as ability to mark topic as solved should already appear every time you answer a topic which you started... Ok, that was easy one to fix... The feature should be available after the next update, after we have tested the next round of fixes. I will also look into adding the missing solved button.

Regarding to heavily massaged Kunena forum, many of the changes made for this site are already in the Kunena 3.1 nightly builds -- except for the template. There are still some features that aren't quite ready yet, but the goal is to keep the code maintainable and to be able to use the latest version of Kunena. And that is only possible if almost all of the custom code is given back to the Kunena project.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!
    • Matches

• Hey RT-Team,

i love your new homepage especially the forums are very nice and mcuh better to use.

One issue though: During Login the button "remember for 31 days" doesn´t seem to work. I always have to login again after some inactive time or closing the brower. Appeared in safari 7.0.1 on a mac with mavericks.

Regards
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Thanks Matches! We know about the remember-me functionality not working. Turns out this is due to an issue in the core-Joomla implementation related to SSL. We're going to write our own plugin to handle this that works more reliably for SSL/non-SSL pages. Trust me it's annoying for us too!
      Matches wrote:
      Hey RT-Team,

i love your new homepage especially the forums are very nice and mcuh better to use.

One issue though: During Login the button "remember for 31 days" doesn´t seem to work. I always have to login again after some inactive time or closing the brower. Appeared in safari 7.0.1 on a mac with mavericks.

Regards
    • The following users have thanked you: Rade

• Rade
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks Andy for the info. This bugs me too on Chrome (latest)
    • alsthom
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Congratulations for your new site!
      It's awesome.
      It's hard to believe that the forum uses kunena. You did an amazing job!
      One thing that it's bothers me a bit, is the moving header but I will get used to it. :)
    • 8degrees
    • Rocketeer

• it was About time guys!!!!.....So Smooth... LOVE IT.

• I am have a problem trying to renew my membership. My credit card payment doesnt seem to go through. I am stuck on the payment step. Any advice
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• spicevibes wrote:
      I am have a problem trying to renew my membership. My credit card payment doesnt seem to go through. I am stuck on the payment step. Any advice

Do you get a message back? If so what is it saying? If not, is it just hanging? What's it doing exactly? Can you try closing your browser and trying again?

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds