Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3

• neotral
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • Hi

Is it possible to put up some guidlines, help for upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3.

I upgraded my Panacea site and came up with a 500 - JHtml icon not found. I have search the internet, tried a few fixes with no success and I am sure it is something simple with the template that I have missed.

I have checked that all my modules and the template was V3 compliant. I updgraded eveything to the most recent version.

Thanks
      Peter
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • Hi there,

Did you follow the guidelines from Joomla? docs.joomla.org/Joomla_2.5_to_3.x_Step_by_Step_Migration

Most people forget to disable the 'Remember Me' plugin and that causes sites to crash.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: Upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • i don't know if you still have this problem?

I had a comparable problem with an other template. Finaly i found that i needed to change the override in template/html/com_content/article/default.php

the icon section of that file
    • Patch1
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 4 years 1 week ago
    • Is there any joomla pro on here that does the upgrades as a business?
    • Just plugging away!
    • IDN
    • Joomla! & WP Expert

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Sorry for checking in late, but we could probably help from across the pond!
      Feel free to give us a call at +3185 4444 134 or e-mail us your contact details at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
      Best,
      Nicolas
  • Re: Upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • You can email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for migration support.
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds