Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Strange Issues after installing Populus

• Strange Issues after installing Populus

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • Hi All,

I have been fighting with some really strange issues since I have installed populus on my site. I am currently using Joomla 1.012 and CB v 1.02... I know these both should probably be updated; however, I haven't had any issues with this installation in the past and I am concerned about losing member data as we have over 3,000 members in the system. I am left completely scratching my head on this one, so if anyone can see anything wrong... PLEASE let me know. Below are the errors we have gotten:

1) with IE 7... strange Anti-virus issues - Norton pops up and says a trojan horse is on the site (I have done a scan of the server, as my datacenter... we've turned up nothing) - when this pops up it will break links on the site and cause "Not authorised to view" errors.

2) A popup with IE7 that asks to install Microsoft Excel database - when this happens the links again become broken and we get the not authorised message.

3) Randomly the browser (IE7) will just crash and exit completely... when you return to the site the not authorised message comes up again.

4) Others report the site working fine, except when they click on a link it takes them to the wrong site in the links page... again using IE7.

There are a couple of others that I have found, and I have them all tracked down to being connected with IE7.

Below are the upgrades and new components I have installed, but none of these seem to be causing any issue:

1) iJoomla news component - no errors or issues
      2) Fireboard forum - I took this out temporarily as many people were having issues on this section
      3) Ad rotator script - I took these out and put them back and can't see any difference with them in or out.

I have also run the site and debug mode... and can't turn anything up.

Am I going crazy!? If you can, please take a look at my site www.dixiedirttv.com and let me know if you come up with anything. If you need more information, please let me know... I have been going crazy trying to figure this out.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds