Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

No template working besides solarflare - help!

• No template working besides solarflare - help!

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • HI, I originally posted this in Firenzie because that was the template I was using when I started having all the problems., but now I have tried to upload and apply other templates and I keep getting this message:

Safari can’t open the page “ www.shankillmatters.com/index.php ” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection, which sometimes occurs when the server is busy. You might be able to open the page later.

So I can't use the joomla installer, I can ftp the files up, and then they are visible in the template list, but when I apply one as a default I get the above message again.

here's the original thread:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?t=26951&rb_v=viewtopic

Thanks in advance as always,Nicole
    • Last Edit: 16 years 2 months ago by Nicole Le Saout.
    • Max Miecchi
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • MediaWorks

Re: No template working besides solarflare - help!

• Re: No template working besides solarflare - help!

• Finally the site is working.

I had to delete both domains, set up the domain again, backed up all the site files I could get off the server, backup database, create a new db with a new name and load the backed up data into it, reinstall joomla 1.10.13, nearly all the folders were not writable, so I had to CHMOD 777 them (will change that back to 755 when everything is back to normal - but 755 wouldn't make the files writable), Display_error was off and I need to turn it on, but don't know how yet). Then I ftped the template directory that I wanted from the backup of files. Now it works, thanks god.

I have learned the hard way about installing joomla and moving it to another domain. I'll be much more careful next time....

So thanks to everyone who helped over the past few days...
      Nicole

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds