Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Change the directories permissions to 777

• steve
    • Rocketeer

Change the directories permissions to 777

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • Hey All, I've searched and searched and am trying to figure out what is going on. Upon trying to install a template to a new site, I get a bunch of new errors. I have told my host and they advised me to do the following:

1. Change the following directories permissions to 777 (modules, media, mambots, components, images ) including the folders under admin directory.

2. Add the following line in the .htaccess file of your Joomla directory, Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI

3. Then edit the file /home/user/public_html/administrator/includes/pcl/pclzip.lib.php as follows,
      Search for the word mkdir in the file /home/user/public_html/administrator/includes/pcl/pclzip.lib.php
      Add the following before that line, umask(0);

My question is why do I now have to do this to all of my Joomla sites? In addition, they claim it is a Joomla "bug". I really don't feel comfortable changing the folders number one, and second, to all of my sites???? This is a huge pain.

Can anyone out there tell me what is going on? That at least this dork (me) can understand.

Cheers.

Steve

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds