0 items Join Now

Are you using MAMP?

• Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

Are you using MAMP?

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • Are you using MAMP?
      This is necessary if you have space on a server (Bluehost)
      or I will learn more in managing Joomla by working with this?

Work on macintosh here....

Thanks
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
  • Re: Are you using MAMP?

• I use Mamp for my localhost :) It is really handy.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Are you using MAMP?

• I’m using mostly mac here. Any issue with the system or everything is confine to one folder (except the usual pref files and such) as I see on some comments on using MAMP.
      What is, for the coolest thing about using the MAMP approach...?
      Sorry to ask the question, I’m relatively a neebie in all that stuff...

Tell me if I’m wright?
      By using MAMP I get a server environment where I can deploy CMS and other stuff as I do on my real server.

Question: can I deploy more than one site, example, 2 or 3 joomla site, some wordpres and some custom website. Can I really test them as I do on my server.

Can the rocketlauncher can be use... and if you install manually, is the installation ressemble a real one one a server. So far I use bluehost automatic installation. I really want to learn any type of installation..

It’s probably a big advantage to work offline, it’s fast and you not messing around on the server.

If you customize a joomla site, add component and stuff and you want to bring the result on a real server, How you do?

Sorry to ask question that probably seem obvious to most of the people around
      :P
    • Last Edit: 16 years 2 months ago by Patrick Toulze.
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
  • Re: Are you using MAMP?

• MAMP = server on your computer so anything you can do on your server, you can do on MAMP.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• You can deploy as many servers as you want. With Mamp Pro you even get a nice little interface to configure your server and even setup virtual hosts as it can automatically update a dynamic dns service with your host names. It's pretty cool stuff. I have about 90 sites configured on my mamp install.
      Patrick Toulze wrote:
      I’m using mostly mac here. Any issue with the system or everything is confine to one folder (except the usual pref files and such) as I see on some comments on using MAMP.
      What is, for the coolest thing about using the MAMP approach...?
      Sorry to ask the question, I’m relatively a neebie in all that stuff...

Tell me if I’m wright?
      By using MAMP I get a server environment where I can deploy CMS and other stuff as I do on my real server.

Question: can I deploy more than one site, example, 2 or 3 joomla site, some wordpres and some custom website. Can I really test them as I do on my server.

Can the rocketlauncher can be use... and if you install manually, is the installation ressemble a real one one a server. So far I use bluehost automatic installation. I really want to learn any type of installation..

It’s probably a big advantage to work offline, it’s fast and you not messing around on the server.

If you customize a joomla site, add component and stuff and you want to bring the result on a real server, How you do?

Sorry to ask question that probably seem obvious to most of the people around
      :P

• Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I Install MAMP PRO without a itch. I’m im the process to install Joomla 1.5.1. Looking right now on my server (Bluehost) for my MySQL User Name that is used on your live site. As it seem important to have the same MYSQL UserName on my localHost and my live server.
      I don’t know where to find it, I will try.

Ok I find in PHPMyAdmin/Index.PHP these infos
      ocalhost

Server version: 5.0.45-community-log
      Protocol version: 10
      Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
      User: xxxxxxxx@localhost
      MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
      MySQL connection collation

I guess xxxxxxxx@localhost is the MySQL Username.
      Now I have to find the Password, ???
    • Last Edit: 16 years 2 months ago by Patrick Toulze.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• just change them in configuration.php to match your environement, they dont need to be the same.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer

• just change them in configuration.php to match your environement, they dont need to be the same
      Thanks Andy and sorry to ask probably what probably seem easy for much of the people here.

When you say “change them in configuration php” where do I go for that and by what you say it can be change afterwards?
      Meaning, if I devellop local it’s easy to deploy on any live server after?
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• <your joomla dir>/configuration.php

have a look through it.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds