Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Modify a Cynet Particle

• Modify a Cynet Particle

Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    • All -
      I want to modify the graphic in a particle. I cannot find access to it anywhere. I have been using Rockettheme templates for many years. The reason was because the plugins and modules were easy to manipulate and modify. I am NOT a coder, nor do I want to be. What does is take to make a simple change in a particle. It is not in the media, module or plug-in assets.
      Thanks in advance
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Modify a Cynet Particle

• What’s a cynet particle? What template? What gantry version? Please post an annotated screenshot to make it clear what you are referring to.

please post login details in the secure tab of your reply.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Modify a Cynet Particle

• Mark -
      THanks for getting back to me. Cynet is the template. The particle is on the home page and I would like to modify the graphic. I will confess to my lack of knowledge on this because up to know I had no problem with modules, plug-ins etc, but it appears that you have to dive into code to change a particle. This is something I would rather not do. It's Gantry 4. I backed away from 5 for this very reason.
      Thanks in advance,
      Brad
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Modify a Cynet Particle

• So, from your screenshot, I can actually see that you mean the CYGNET template not "cynet". Cygnet is an old Gantry 4 template and as such doesn't support the more modern and easily changeable features that our Gantry 5 templates do.

The slideshow area that you are referring to can have the background color changed in the template > styles (see screenshot). This is also where you can turn on/off the particlejs animation and use a static custom image instead.

If you leave the particlejs animation active then the template adds the particlejs script in the templates index.php file (towards the bottom). You can edit the index.php file to change the basic shape used. If you want to use your own particle image then you need to use the particlejs site to create the json required https://vincentgarreau.com/particles.js/ . Please be aware that if you do change the index.php file you should keep a backup as any template update would overwrite this file again and you will lose your changes.

Gantry 5 templates that use particlejs do make things a little easier to change as they have more predefined basic shapes.

You should also be aware that Gantry 4 will not be compatible with Joomla 4 (due out today) whereas it is out intention to make Gantry 5 compatible (but this won't be straight away as we need to do more testing with the final J4 release, when we're satisfied we will then release Gantry 5.5 and Gantry 5 template updates).

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds