Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

php safe mode settings

• Kejune
    • Jr. Rocketeer

php safe mode settings

Posted 16 years 1 month ago
    • hello,

I have installed the mediamogul template using rocketlauncher (the joomla 1.5 package). When trying to install new components, modules and plugins, I run into problems. These problems seem to have something to do with my php safe mode settings.

Safe_mode is already off for the domain, but it seems that the script is actually checking the server settings for php safe_mode which is enabled by default.

Any suggestions on this issue? Even if we can find out the filename where exactly this checking is made, that would be of some help.

Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 16 years 1 month ago by .
    • Mack
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: php safe mode settings

• Andrew,

Bad idea to have that file on your domain in an unprotected directory. Even worse idea posting a link to it. Would suggest you not do that. :)

About your question, just do a google search on safe mode. It's an opinion if it actually does any good or not, and if your host has everything set up correctly, it really isn't needed.

As far as safe mode having an affect on your installations, I would lean more towards checking permission issues than rather than safe mode being the problem.
    • Kejune
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: php safe mode settings

• hi Mack,

Thanks for your advice & suggestion.
      You were right, the problem had to do with permission issues.

Andrew

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds