Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

where are the Head tags??

• where are the Head tags??

Posted 14 years 11 months ago
    • Hello,
      When I need to insert code into the head tag, i see a head tag in the template/index.php file, but I do not see the meta data?? I need to insert code to verify the site for google tools and I am guessing there is a separate place where the meta data resides??

Thanks very much,
      Joshua
  • Re: where are the Head tags??

• Thank you Mr. Singh,
      that works nicely. As always Joomla! makes life easier.

I am simply curious if you know what file the meta tags are stored in as I do not see them in the html file accessed through the edit HTML button in the template manager.

In any case, thank you very much,
      Joshua

• Thank you again Mr. Singh,
      I see this is not a simple answer.

Joshua

Posted 14 years 8 months ago
    • UPDATE

For those of you wondering, the configuration.php file is where you will find the code for the meta tags and keywords. They are down at the bottom of the file. You will find lots of delicious settings are stored here. This is no good for Google analytics, just the tags themselves.

Joshua
    • Jeff S
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • MAD Media Production

Re: where are the Head tags??

Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    • Actually, you shouldn't need to be editing the configuration.php file at all - you can add meta tags and description in the Joomla administration back end through the System -> Global Settings menu item - the bottom left of the very first tab (Site) is your Metadata section and has your text blocks for Site Meta Description, Site Meta Keywords, Robots, and more...
    • Jeff
      Maximum-Aperture.ca

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds