Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Changes to Novus

• Davida
    • Rocketeer

Changes to Novus

Posted 16 years 3 months ago
    • I would like to make two changes to this template but I am not sure how to do it since I am so new to template customization.

1. Change the color of the whole template.
      2. Change the logo - add my site name and change the girl to another image.

Can anyone offer me solutions to this in very simple terms? Thanks in advance.
    • faisool
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Changes to Novus

• i think you have to post this questions in the template forum so you can get a quick answer ;)
    • Davida
    • Rocketeer

• There is no forum for just Novus.
  • Re: Changes to Novus

• To change the color scheme of the entire template you need to download the fireworks source file here:
      joomlacode.org/gf/project/rockettheme/fr...&frs_package_id=3050
      Open the source file up in fireworks and make all the color changes you would like, export the new slices and then make the needed css changes to jive with the new color scheme.

Check out these tutorials on the tutorial site: tutorials.rockettheme.com/

There are some great tutorials on there to help get you started editing RT templates.
      Watch and learn.....

As you get stuck post back here with specifics and we will help get you fixed up....
    • Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    • Davida
    • Rocketeer

• I dont mind the girl being in the header. I need for the Novus logo to be gone. I have gone thru the process of making the changes in Fireworks, but the Novus logo is still there. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
      www.walkinginpurposewebs.com

• That is easy - just go into images find logo then edit it clear...yeah, yeah, yeah there is probably a CSS thingy you can do to get rid of it, but I am a fake it till you make it kind of designer. :D
    • "You can learn a lot from a dummy. So, pay attention to yourself." Quote by me.
    • Davida
    • Rocketeer

• I really hate to be a pain...But is there anyone here that can fix this logo for me? I have very little experience with Fireworks other than following the tutorials here. I understand that the Novus logo is a jpeg. I just want the top left logo replaced with my site name. The girl can stay and the background color can remain the same.

If there is a tutorial to change a jpeg logo, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks for all the help/support.

• Here are a couple of blanks for that inset image, one with the girl and no logo, and one without both the girl and the logo. Hopefully these can help some folks :)
    • Davida
    • Rocketeer

• Thank you so much. I believe that this will help.

• Kevin DuCommun wrote:
      Here are a couple of blanks for that inset image, one with the girl and no logo, and one without both the girl and the logo. Hopefully these can help some folks :)

Boy, I was wrong on that template. LOL Blind Leading the Blind.
    • "You can learn a lot from a dummy. So, pay attention to yourself." Quote by me.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds