Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokSprocket-Strips-Load Problem

• SOLVED RokSprocket-Strips-Load Problem

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

after working fine for many month I now discovered that the RockSprocket-Strips modules I use do not load page 2 anymore. I guess it is a javascript problem, but I unfortunately have no idea where it comes from. The Page URLs are:
      www.ibs-banking.com/de/ [at the very bottom of the page]
      www.ibs-banking.com/de/partner.html

It would be great if you coulkd give me a hint.

Cheers
      Roland
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RokSprocket-Strips-Load Problem

• Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "Free Stuff" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Your strips module is working fine for me - I can see page 2 ok (see screenshot).

Clear your browser cache and try again.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED RokSprocket-Strips-Load Problem

• Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I did not know. I also did not notice that my subscription expired.

Regeading my problem:
      I just disabled the system cache plugin. Now it works fine. But I am not sure if I want the system cache plugin being disabled.

Is this is known error or something you think you can solve? If yes, I am happy to insert coins to get the premium membership. Just let me know.

Regards
      Roland
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RokSprocket-Strips-Load Problem

• I general I don't recommend the use of the "system - page cache" plugin because the page content is often built dynamically (e.g. roksprocket). Caching a whole page in Joomla would be wrong for these pages because the page content needs to be built each time it is displayed (e.g. change of page in strips, new articles might have been added, articles may have expired, etc, etc). So I would leave the "system - page cache" plugin off. Use instead in global configuration: "conservative" caching, Gzip compression, and also consider using a compressor such as "rokbooster". Rokbooster has to be tuned to your particular environment and extensions - this is not something we can do for you as part of this support forum. I encourage you to read the rokbooster documentation to learn how to add exclusions and change the many other settings in rokbooster. Once tuned rokbooster will speed up your site so it's worth the effort.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED RokSprocket-Strips-Load Problem

• Dear Mark,

perfect. Thanks for your excellent support and advice. That made me buy the 6 month Joomla Extensions Club for $19 - just to say thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds