Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

inserting a rokbox 2 album link in a roksprocket mosaic layout not working

• inserting a rokbox 2 album link in a roksprocket mosaic layout not working

Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    • Hello.
      I have designed photo galleries with the mosaic layout of rocksprocket and i want to insert a rokbox link of a album with over 20 pictures in it (some albums with more pics), so they can open in a popup with navigation arrows, i have inserted sevral mosaic with a title, description, image and link, but when I insert a rokbox link in the custom field, doesnt work, instead take me to the home page.

What i want to archive is: when people click in a mosaic, a pop-up should pop up and show all the pictures in that specific album with navigation arrow.

Imusing Joomla 3.8.11
      Rokbox 2.0.14
      and the latest version of gantry.
      the site is been build in localhost, not online yet
      I have created several layout in gantry besides the defaul and home.

Thanks in advance for any help i could get.!!

Carlos
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: inserting a rokbox 2 album link in a roksprocket mosaic layout not working

• I would need to see it to be able to help so please get your site online then...

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: inserting a rokbox 2 album link in a roksprocket mosaic layout not working

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by sirvonfloyd.
  • Re: inserting a rokbox 2 album link in a roksprocket mosaic layout not working

• Updated
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Joomla ogin does not appear to work - please check.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Mark Sorry about that, please try again, should work now.

Regards
      Carlos
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• OK, this is not going to work - let me explain why.

1. You can't enter html in the "link" field in roksprocket.
      2. You can enter it in the "description" field but you have to set "strip html" to "no" for that to work. Which I've done. But the image url looks invalid anyway?
      3. Even then it's still not going to work on anything other than the first page loaded on roksprocket because roksprocket cannot process shortcodes or other extensions (like rokbox) as it loads the tiles uses json calls rather than joomla. As you are using Gantry5 I suggest that you use something like "imagegrid" particle instead - this will give you what you want (minus sort capability) and uses lightcase.js (better than rokbox as it uses jquery rather than mootools).

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds