Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Roksprocket and Isis admin template z-index conflict

• Roksprocket and Isis admin template z-index conflict

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,

I have a recent Roksprocket installed (2.1.24) and Joomla-bundled Isis admin template by default (Joomla 3.8.12).

Some of the Roksprocket drop-down options are close to the bottom of the page, particulary Article defaults. If there are many items to fit, the drop down list seems to as expected, so area might become bigger with scrolling, but the problem is that the last item might be hidden by the admin toolbar (div id="status").

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

The reason is probably that for the toolbar div (admin template) z-index is ....

/administrator/templates/isis/css/template.css
      .navbar-fixed-bottom {
      z-index: 1030

but in Roksprocket settings
      /administrator/components/com_roksprocket/assets/styles/roksprocket.css
      .dropdown-menu {
      z-index:1000;

Just to make sure about this explanation, If I change in the browser tools the dropdown z-index to 1100, I see the last item.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

What is the party here who probably should adjust z-index to correct value, Template or module? Or this war of z-indices would never end so I should do just some correction myself?

Thanks.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Roksprocket and Isis admin template z-index conflict

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Give exact steps to recreate (to avoid any confusion).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Roksprocket and Isis admin template z-index conflict

• Ok, the login in the Secure section

The steps
      - Open admin backend
      - Go Modules list.
      - Click at TestStripsModule
      - Scroll to bottom
      - Click "Default article link", see the drop list showing, scroll down more to see "Link B" as the last item and the toolbar close to it.
      - Test to see that z-index is revealing the hiddent item: find element (ul class="dropdown-menu"). Change z-index from 1000 to 1100. See that "Link C" is actual last element. Also you may just look at the inspector, that the "Link C" item is visible logically (display: block), but not visible to the eye

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've created a bug ticket for this but it could be a long time before our developers will beable to look into this. I'm afraid it will be low priority.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
  • Re: Roksprocket and Isis admin template z-index conflict

• MrT wrote:
      I've created a bug ticket for this but it could be a long time before our developers will beable to look into this. I'm afraid it will be low priority.

Thanks, Mark, I'm looking forward for the fix. Currently, the quick fix might be to change (or create)
      /administrator/templates/isis/css/custom.css

and append the rule
        div.sprocket-dropdown ul.dropdown-menu {
          z-index:1100;
        }  
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Thanks, I've added that to the bug ticket.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds