Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

error message 1104

• error message 1104

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • Hi Guys,

some days ago it happened for the second time and I am afraid it will come again: the whole roksprocket modul dissappeared here www.palatinmedia.com/documentaries.html

There was a blank page with the error message: 1104 The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Finally I found in another forum the solution: issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/17580?lang=de-DE
      I had to insert in line 178 in the file mysqli.php the following code:
      mysqli_query($this->connection,"SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1;" );

I thought now I will have poeace with this matter but after one update the code was gone again and I had to insert this code again????

I am asking myself why it is necesarry to do so??? I need a stabli system without having to embedd a code in deep levels of Joomla.

How can we avoid that it will happen again?

cheers,martin
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: error message 1104

• The "problem" is maifesting itself in Joomla - so you could ask more in their forum - it's nothing to do with RT products. Any "patch" you apply to Joomla itself is going to get overwritten by a Joomla update - so this is why you should not really be "fixing" the issue in Joomla itself. Instead you should be getting your host to change their setting - if they won't then change to a hosting company that does not have this limitation.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: error message 1104

• ok thnx,

what does this error message mean? is it connected to php configuration? what kind of limit does our hoster provide?
      what should be considered with a new hoster?
      or can I write an override so that this code will not be overwritten after each Joomla Update?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: error message 1104

• Martin Seidl wrote:
      what does this error message mean?

It means the results returned is very large and your hosting company has set restrictions on this in the MYSQL setup

Martin Seidl wrote:
      is it connected to php configuration?

No, MYSQL configuration.
      To fix this your host will need to edit your server connection and in the "MySQL Options" tab, set a reasonable value for "Automatically limit SELECT queries to" and set the value for "Maximum Join Size" to 1000000.

Martin Seidl wrote:
      what kind of limit does our hoster provide?

The limit identified in the error message.

Martin Seidl wrote:
      what should be considered with a new hoster?

To not have that limitation.

Martin Seidl wrote:
      or can I write an override so that this code will not be overwritten after each Joomla Update?

You could but that's a bad idea since every Joomla update you will have to check whether the program you are patching has been changed by Joomla and reapply your fix anyway.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds