Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Can't join a gallery to a rokgallery module

• Re: Can't join a gallery to a rokgallery module

Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    • Hi,

I've deleted all the broken images and also some other images to have less images in the rokgallery.

But it still doesn't work.

I select my gallery "Mai 2019" in my module rokgallery " mai 2019" but when I click on the "save" button, the loading icon keeps on running (never ends).

Thanks,
      Murielle

• Hi,

I've deleted all the broken images and also some other images to have less images in the rokgallery.

But it still doesn't work.

I select my gallery "Mai 2019" in my module rokgallery " mai 2019" but when I click on the "save" button, the loading icon keeps on running (never ends).

Thanks,
      Murielle
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Can't join a gallery to a rokgallery module

• There is something wrong with some images in your galleries... I am not quite sure what it is though...

You can select any galleries in the list up to "Juin 2018" (not including) after that they fail to select. So I looked at that galleries in rokgallery component to try the images.... Then I found that there are two images in that Gallery that will not open... So I suspect that they in some way corrupted and this is the cause of the issue that you see. I've indicated the two image that have the issue... try it for yourself... I then suggest that you remove these images and see if that helps... You will also need to check other galleries and see if they have any other corrupt images too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hi,

I don't understand what you meant because on my interface I can edit and open this two images. And this images are visible on the the slideshow "Anné 2018" on the public site on line.

Thanks,
      Murielle
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Those two images I indicated will not open at all when I try your site. I am just trying to narrow down where the problem resides, all the other galleries before that gallery can be selected in the dropdown, and none from that point onwards - so that's why I looked at the images in that gallery. Then I found that they wouldn't open for me.

The other thing I know rokgallery does not like is special characters in any field i.e like accute e in french language etc "é" So you could try removing those.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hi,

I've deleted these two images but it still doesn't work.

Even the galleries manager doesn't work anymore. The loading icon keeps on running.

And Rokgallery create himself galleries such as "mai 2019 gallery". How can I delete these galleries ?

Thanks,
      Murielle
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Some part of your rokgallery content is corrupt - some image, in some gallery.

If you go to the rokgallery component view and then look in the browser console (you can ignore the "joomla is undefine message") - now if you use shift and click on "load all" you will see another error appears and this is the one that is breaking rokgallery.

So next you need to use the filter and go through each gallery one at a time and use the same technique ("load all" button on each) to find which one is causing the error. I tried several galleries and they were all ok, so to go through each gallery is going to take you some time.

Once you fine the problem gallery you are going to need to either locate the image causing the issue and delete that, or delete the whole gallery. Given that rokgallery is getting an error because of the erroneous image even this is going to be difficult as you will have to use phpmyadmin to remove the entries from the rokgallery database. If this seems too daunting then I'm afraid that the only other option you have is to uninstall rokgallery completely, clear up all the file and folders it used, then reinstall rokgallery and start-over uploading all your images again and putting them in galleries. Take heed of what I said earlier - rokgallery does not like special characters - so do not use them in anything.

The only other thing I can offer is this... https://rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-extension-rokgallery/189558-dealing-with-corrupted-rokgallery-files

Regards, Mark.

• Hi,

As you said I've deleted all the corrupt images. Now if I use shift and click on "load all" I don't have error anymore in my browser console.

But still I can't select my gallery in my module.

Thanks,
      Murielle
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    • Well it is progress (although I accept it might not feel like it). But still the issue does occur and you have not taken the remedial action I recommended with the gallery names. Many of you gallery names contain special characters and I do believe that these cause issues with rokgallery. If you look at the screenshot below you are still getting the same errors you always have, and you can see that sometimes the special characters you are using are not rendered correctly. I think it's worth a try removing the special characters as I suggested previously.

This is a list of your galleries and i've highlighted the ones I would rename to remove ALL special characters:
      Année 2017
      Année 2018
      Année 2019
      Avril 2017
      avril 2018
      Avril 2019
      Biercée 2015
      Biercée 2017

Bourse
      Calendrier
      calendrier16
      calendrier2018
      Cantine_Ital_15
      COW_Bourse

Décembre 2017
      décembre 2018
      Février 2017
      Février 2018

février 2019
      home
      Janvier 2017
      janvier 2018
      Janvier 2019
      Juillet 2017
      Juillet 2018
      Juin 2017
      Juin 2018
      L'exposition
      Les médailles
      Leuven 2016
      Mai 2017
      Mai 2019
      mars 2017
      mars 2019
      mars2018
      Novembre 2016
      novembre 2018
      Novembre 2107
      Octobre 2017
      octobre 2018
      Orchis
      St Nicolas
      Utrecht_Schiedam
      Vaucelles 2016
      Voeux 2016
      Voeux 2017
      Zogera 2016

I'd also check that none of those galleries are empty (no images)

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by MrT.

Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    • Hi,

I've deleted special characters in the galleries. Now the galleries manager is working again.

But I still cannot select a gallery in a rockgallery module.

When I want to save this error appears in the browser console :

VM3757 mootools.js:4948 POST www.orchidees.be/administrator/index.php...task=ajax&format=raw net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR 200

Thanks,
      Murielle

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds