Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Bootstrap CSS Conflict in Joomla Gantry 5

• Bootstrap CSS Conflict in Joomla Gantry 5

Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    • There appears to be a Bootstrap CSS Conflict in Joomla Gantry 5.

A Joomla custom field of the "Radio" type is supposed to render a horizontal button bar similar to the one you see in the site backend when editing an article that uses this type of custom field.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Instead, nothing at all is rendered in the site front end. The custom CSS code specified at the following Github post makes a typical-looking vertical radio button list appear, but that is not what it should look like.

github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2282

To reproduce:
      • On a Joomla 3.9.x site running Gantry 5 with the Hydrogen or Helium template, create a custom field of type Radio. Give it 3 or 4 options.
        Be sure to publish the field.
        Create an article that uses this field.
        Edit the article in the frontend of the site. The button bar will not be visible.
        Set the template to one of those that comes with Joomla and edit the article in the front end again to see what it should look like.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Bootstrap CSS Conflict in Joomla Gantry 5

Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    • As you point out - there is a github ticket on the Gantry 5 project about this and the ticket is still outstanding. This will have to be fixed in Gantry 5 rather than any RT products. I can only recommend that you try the solution mentioned in the ticket. There is nothing else I can suggest here I'm afraid.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds