Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Defer Parsing of Javascript

• ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Defer Parsing of Javascript

Posted 10 years 5 days ago
    • Hi, has anybody had any success defering the parsing of javascript with Magento? I've been doing a fair bit of work improving page speed and loading times, but can't see much that is helpful when searching Google for this.

It's not a big deal, but anything that speeds things up for the end user can only be a good thing (and for SEO too, as I believe Google places emphasis on site speed).

Any suggestions welcome!
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Defer Parsing of Javascript

Posted 10 years 4 days ago
    • Since Magento's built in javascript compiler is loaded in the head of the document, I have just worked on trying to get that to compile everything. I haven't really looked into getting the javascript to parse after.

I know Google Page Speed does knock off points for anything loading first that isn't to specifically display above the fold content, but I also think its better to keep it all loading together as one call. I'm no expert though.

I guess my thoughts are if its not a trivial solution, don't mess with the core loading feature too much because it is used by extensions and can vary per page.
    • ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Defer Parsing of Javascript

Posted 10 years 4 days ago
    • Thanks Ben, I did manage to get it loading later, that was by hacking the core code though. It also broke the homepage grid too sadly. It's not a big deal that I cant get it to work, but was just curious if anybody had managed to achieve it without breaking things!

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds