Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Nuance header picture background colour and size

• Nuance header picture background colour and size

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • I'm hoping this is the right forum for this question. I have a phpbb forum with a Nuance overlay. I like the idea of it, but I would like to take out the background colour from the top/header picture and leave it with its natural colours and also to be able to reduce its size, width is ok but its too deep/high. Can this be done?
      Also, can I reduce the size of the Category headers, I'm not sure what you would call them apart from that, I would like them to be thinner?
  • Re: Nuance header picture background colour and size

Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
    • Anyone?????
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Re: Nuance header picture background colour and size

• Hey,
      To remove overlay color from header, go to nuance/theme/less/template.less and around line 300 there's:css wrote:
      #rt-header-surround {
      color: @headersurround-textcolor;
      border-radius: 3px 3px 0 0;
      .rt-bg-overlay {
      background: fadeout(@headersurround-background, 45%);
      }
      }

Just remove
      .rt-bg-overlay {
      	}
      Header height might be adjusted in nuance/template/module_positions/rt_showcase.html , Just find: height: 227px; here and adjust it to your needs.
    • karolorzel.com

• Hi Karol

Do I remove all the below or just the text you have written in Orange?

.rt-bg-overlay {
      2. background: fadeout(@headersurround-background, 45%);
      3. border-radius: 3px 3px 0 0;
      4. }
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Ian Fraser-Stables.

• Actually, I've tried removing all you have asked me to remove and all that happens it that the site goes off the air, then I replaced it and only removed the part in Orange and that didn't work either.

I've replaced it all back again and the site has come back on air.

The height of the Showcase picture has changed though so that worked.

• Anyone else please? Still trying to take out the background colour from the Header Picture!
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

• It actually should work if you remove all the code i gave you above. You probably removed one line too much. I can do that modificaton for you if you can provide me ftp access.
      Eventually remove only that code from above:
    • karolorzel.com

• Karol Orzel wrote:
      It actually should work if you remove all the code i gave you above. You probably removed one line too much. I can do that modificaton for you if you can provide me ftp access.
      Eventually remove only that code from above:

No, your first idea/suggestion/guess didn't work and I can absolutely confirm I did not remove one line too much, the suggestion of which is insulting.

However after interpretting your English, I guessed your above was another suggestion, so followed it and it worked.

The whole process to find out a very simple fix has thus far taken over 5 days. You guys write these scripts ought to know how to change something if a customer requires a change. The alternative is that we don't buy the product and learn the scripts meaning that Rocket Themes go out of business.

I think you should change your signature Young Man, you should instead write.... Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people trying to figure out intelligent ones!!!!
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

• Hello Ian :)Ian Fraser-Stables wrote:
      No, your first idea/suggestion/guess didn't work and I can absolutely confirm I did not remove one line too much, the suggestion of which is insulting.

INSULTING ? How's that.. ? That was just my friendly suggestion. Believe me, I'm doing less/css/scss for like 10 years now and i keep forgetting to close div, brackets ALL THE TIME :). This is just perfectly normal as code can be very complex. I completely don't understand why you think that suggestion was insulting.. Was just trying to be helpful... :(
      Ian Fraser-Stables wrote:
      You guys write these scripts ought to know how to change something if a customer requires a change.

You see, following your schema I should write: "this suggestion is insulting." I tested code I gave you three times (both versions). I did that even few minutes ago. My forum didn't went "off the air",overlay was removed, everything worked. So what happen ? Again.. Writing code, modifying scripts is a very delicate process. For example: sometimes I accidentally type one letter and that can break whole php code... This is how it works :). I have no idea what you did wrong. Maybe you did everything right but for example your php.ini has a low memory limit set and less compiler wasn't able to recompile your template.less so fast ? There are few possible scenarios. My suggestion about removing one more line was one of the most common errors which everybody makes, including me.

Hope that explains everything :)

P.S. My signature is from South Park, one of my favourite shows :)
    • karolorzel.com

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds