Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Rokbridge

• Melvine
    • Rocketeer

Rokbridge

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Hello,
      I don’t see Rokbridge anymore, did this extension still available?
      Thank you
      Melvine
    • The following users have thanked you: Brett Havard, Vitaly

• Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Rokbridge

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • Hi Melvine,
      You can find a version of rokbridge that works only with the older version of phpbb3 in the legacy extension section.
      What version of phpbb3 are you using?

• *Karma comes in many forms, my personal favourite is the random saucepan from the sky* J.Spencer 17-02-2009
    • Melvine
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Roeland, Thank you for your answer. I use the version 3.1.6 .

• Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Melvine,
      The core of phpbb3 was completely altered when moving from 3.0 to 3.1.
      I did a complete rewrite of the bridge over the last couple of months, as I did when Joomla moved from 2.5 to 3
      The thing is that I have invested a great deal of time to update the component.
      I have updated the component and modules and added functionality. The only part that does not work well yet is the sef functionality, because the routing of urls within phpbb3 changed quite a bit.
      This version is an RC, I tested all that I could test, but there may still be minor bugs.
      Logically so, I do not provide it for free as rockettheme did. The component still pretty much looks and functions the same way, but under the hood, many changes were made. If you are interested in this version, drop me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
      Regards,
      Roeland

• *Karma comes in many forms, my personal favourite is the random saucepan from the sky* J.Spencer 17-02-2009
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• I have a site (joomdevel.com) on which I am playing around with this version, using the gantry 5 ambrosia template and the matching phpbb3.1 template. One simple addon I created for the bridge is that you no longer need to hack the links if you want registration to go through joomla. You can now just set registration links in the control panel and they will be automatically used by phpbb3 and thus you are redirected to joomla registration when registering in phpbb3.
      Furthermore, I added a search plugin that allows you to search phpbb3 posts from within joomla.
      Regards,
      Roeland

• Melvine
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Roeland
      I must to renew my subscription with Rockettheme, I will do it today. And of course I am interested.

I will send you an email, and I understand it’s not a component free.

Thank you very much Roeland

• Scott
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• To all who want the new rokbridge it works real well on phpbb 3.1 joomla 3.4 ... he has done well
      Make sure ya reimburse roeland well too .... his support is worth it on its own

:)
    • The following users have thanked you: Roeland_A!, Brett Havard, Vitaly

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds