Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Fatal error: Call to a member function displayHead() on a no

• Re: Fatal error: Call to a member function displayHead() on a no

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Same thing is happening to us with Kinetic.

First, I got this error while previewing the theme:
      Call to a member function displayHead() on a non-object in /www/wp-content/themes/rt_kinetic_wp/index.php on line 13.

When I went activate it, I get this error repeatedly on the page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/krueger/public_html/content/wp-content/plugins/gantry/core/gantry.class.php on line 605

The site is here:
      http://96.125.167.158/~krueger/

I have tested it with the older version of Gantry and with the newest version of Gantry. Before Kinetic and Gantry were activated, the Wordpress installation was working perfectly running Twenty-Ten and Twenty-Eleven.

Thanks.

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • I was able to fix this on my site. I simply removed all of my widgets, deleted all my overrides and assignments, and then re-created them. All of the errors have vanished. Hope this helps someone else.
    • GBC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Fatal error: Call to a member function displayHead() on a no

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • Same here:

Fatal error: Call to a member function displayHead() on a non-object in.../public_html/wp-content/themes/rt_tachyon_wp/index.php on line 13
    • GBC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Fatal error: Call to a member function displayHead() on a no

• Same here:

Fatal error: Call to a member function displayHead() on a non-object in.../public_html/wp-content/themes/rt_tachyon_wp/index.php on line 13

• GBC, be sure to go to activate the theme, then go to the widget area of WordPress and make sure that all the default widgets have been removed from their widget positions. When I did this, it fixed the problem for me... I know it is a pain in the rear, but if it solves the problem...

Also, I have had a similar problem when switching from one RocketTheme theme to another, both using the Gantry system for overrides. I actually had to go back to the old theme, delete ALL gantry overrides and widget positions, then activate the new theme and it fixed the problem.

Good luck!

Jason :mrgreen:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds