Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSprocket Will Not Save My Slider

• RokSprocket Will Not Save My Slider

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)GoDaddy - Linux
      PHP version5.3
      Platform (name and version)Gantry Framework Wordpress 4.1.10/RokSprocket Wordpress 2.1.2
      Template/Extension (name and version)Anacron v1.0
      Link to the IssueIt's a backend issue in the admin. I can setup a log in for you if you like.

Hi,

I've run into an issue recently with one of out site using a rocket theme. The site is www.dancaplislaw.com/ and the theme we're using is the Anacron theme.

I've been trying to change out the image on the front page using the RokSprocket widget settings, but when I change the image url, it will not allow me to save it. I've even tried making a new slider by addng a new RokSprocket item but it gives me an "error while saving" message.

I've attached two screenshots of the problem areas as well as the console info for you.

As for solutions, I've tried disabling all the plugins and saving it again, but this method does not work either.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Greg Hoffman.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: RokSprocket Will Not Save My Slider

• 2.1.12 is the current version of RokSprocket... are you on 2.1.2? Please upgrade
      Ensure that RokCommon 3.2.4 is installed as well
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: RokSprocket Will Not Save My Slider

• Oh wow, seems to be we needed to upgrade. However, after upgrading both plugins I am now getting this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /home/content/d/a/n/dancaplislaw/html/wp-content/plugins/wp_roksprocket/roksprocket.php on line 461
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Make sure you're running at least PHP 5.4
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Hi Matt,

We've upgraded the server to PHP 5.5, and the error is gone, but I am still not able to save any changes made to our slider. On top of that the slider itself is not working.

So far, we'eve moved the site to a development space here: www.dev.dancaplislaw.com/
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Okay all plugins have been deactivated except for the gantry framework, rokbox, rokcommon library and roksprocket plugins. I've put a screenshot of our plugin lineup in the secure area for your reference.

At the moment, the slider is still not working.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• I have updated RokBox and it is still not working.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds