Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Change logo size

• marco.lav
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Change logo size

Posted 14 years 5 months ago
    • hello

how can I change the logo size for AfterBurner? I have tried changing sizes in the css of the preset style I am using but it seems I have been doing it incorrectly, judging by results....

Thanks

Marco
    • gold price
      forex trading
  • Re: Change logo size

• Hi marco.lav!

Well it's because logo isn't a separate image. In css is only declared what part of the image it has to display in the logo div. To resize it you need to edit png image responsible for your style ie. light4.png - in that file resize the logo, and edit the css with new values for width and height.
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
    • marco.lav
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Change logo size

• In every template (it doesn't matter if it's wordpress, joomla, or phpbb) logo is a separate image but not in Afterburner. Afterburner is the only template where is used only one image because Afterburner was made for speed and performance, and i can assure you that it's made the same way for Joomla and PHPBB.

This is how it's described in theme :
      It appears that there are multiple images in Afterburner, one for the logo, one for the module header gradients, one for the RocketTheme logo etc... But that is not the case. All are actually part of one image, which, using CSS background positions gives the appearance of multiple images. This type of image is termed as a sprite.

There are less HTTP requests when using sprites as instead of loading many images, you are just loading one. Although the single image will be large in size then any single, numerous image, it results in less overall size and requests, which results in greater performance.

About editing your logo, here's the logo 'section' :
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Here's the detailed tutorial about editing logo in Afterburner : demo.rockettheme.com/wordpress/wp_afterb...orials/logo-editing/

Please let me know if i can assist you in any way.

Thanks!
    • marco.lav
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Change logo size

• Thank you
      I figured how to change it, however I am still not clear how/where to change the css so the logo area is modified to correctly display a bigger (taller or wider or both) image?

Marco
    • gold price
      forex trading

• In the css file responsible for your style ie. light4.css, locate the line that says #logo and below it, change the width and height so it would match your logo. That's it :)

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds