Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 4 Framework showing 2 installs in Joomla Extensions - manage

• Gantry 4 Framework showing 2 installs in Joomla Extensions - manage

Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

Just wondering why there are two versions of Gantry 4 Framework listed in the Joomla backend, under Extensions - Manage? After applying the Gantry 4 Framework update to 4.1.39 when it appeared in Extensions - Updates, the Gantry 4 Framework is still listed in Extensions - Manage.

In this situation if I go back to Extensions - Updates, clear cache and refresh updates, there is no Gantry 4 Framework updated listed (as expected). However, I also use Watchful.li and this lists Gantry 4 Framework 4.1.37 as update available. If you apply the update to 4.1.39 it doesn't make any difference, it still thinks there is an update to apply.

How should I remove the Gantry 4.1.37 from being listed? I presume if I could do this then the issue of it still showing on Watchful would disappear.

Screenshots attached.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 4 Framework showing 2 installs in Joomla Extensions - manage

• I have same issue on a dozen sites. Something wrong with the 4.1.39 update.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
  • Re: Gantry 4 Framework showing 2 installs in Joomla Extensions - manage

• Solution is to Uninstall old Library version (ONLY LIBRARY, NOT OTHER PACKAGES) via Extensions -> Manage -> Manage -> Search for "Gantry" (select old Library version and then Uninstall) and then download Framework from the following link and upload it via Extensions -> Manage -> Install -> Upload & Install:

gantry.org/downloads#gantry4

Something changed in Joomla 3.9.x because I tested this on Joomla 3.8.12 and it updates fine.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Reggie Simmons.
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

• This happened to me also but it happened with both Gantry 4.1.39 from 4.1.35 and RokCommon 3.2.6 from 3.2.5. I went through all my other RocketTheme-related extensions and didn’t find any other anomalies. Thanks for letting us know how to fix this!

• You're welcome, yes it is an issue with both G4 and RokCommon. Joomla is to blame. They rename our library.xml file upon updating, and thus causes issues with the entries. The latest library is being used though regardless, so even if you have two library entries it uses the latest one and is working fine.
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

• FYI: I forgot to mention that this is problematic for Watchful.li as well. I can’t remember if this happened with RokCommon or not — but when I updated Gantry via Watchful, Watchful kept telling me that I needed to update because the old version was still there. Of course, no matter how many times I did it, the advice to update the old one was still there!

You might want to reach out to Watchful to advise on this. All they said to me was that it was a problem on your end. I would think they could make an exception to their code that only looked at the most recent instance of Gantry framework instead of the oldest. Just a thought. That issue definitely went away when I did what you said. Thanks again!
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• Quite frankly, there are many other extension providers we use and you are the only one that we've seen have this issue. Apparently, there are ways to do the updates properly that you have not implemented. I realize that once the old extension is not deleted on upgrade, we have to fix things. But you should have programmed the extension so that it doesn't happen, as many other developers have.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • Hi Dan,

we get your frustration, but you can try it out yourself if you wish. Joomla changed something between Joomla 3.8. and 3.9.

Take a brandnew Joomla core 3.8.13 install and then install Gantry 4.1.39 fresh.
      You will see there is a file called ../administrator/manifests/libraries/lib_gantry.xml present

Take a brandnew Joomla core 3.9.3 install and then install Gantry 4.1.39 fresh.
      You will see there is a file called ../administrator/manifests/libraries/gantry.xml present

The exact same Gantry 4.1.39 package install and the exact same file content but still we end up with the same file having 2 different names, because Joomla 3.9.x decided to rename it.

The same applies to RokCommon too. Anyways, we're trying to resolve this on our end.
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Hi again,

we have just released Gantry 4.1.40 and RokCommon 3.2.7 for Joomla and that update should take care of the issue.

Regards, Kat
    • The following users have thanked you: Reggie Simmons

• Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • biltong
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Website Design & Development

• Hi,

Where can we find release notes for Gantry 4 for Joomla please?

Eric

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds