Blank page accessing Gantry template styles

• Moodog
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Jason Redekopp

Blank page accessing Gantry template styles

Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    • Joomla version: 3.8.13
      Gantry version: 4.1.41

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
    • Jason Redekopp
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Blank page accessing Gantry template styles

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Moodog
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Jason Redekopp

• Thanks for quick reply. Info provided as requested.
    • Jason Redekopp
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You have a modified version of the Gantry 4.1.24 template installed (modified by "Goldenwest"). This version is way out of date and needs updating to the latest version 4.1.41 But obviously doing this you would lose all your custom changes made to the template. Nevertheless, that is the cause of the error (that now shows) and the template does need to be updated.

As a temporary remedial step on your G4.1.24 template you could also consider doing these updates https://rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-for-joomla/272194-joomla-3-8-gantry-4-fix-for-offline-comingsoon-and-error-pages - but really the template should be updated properly to get all the other bug fixes that it contains too.

Please also note that your Joomla version is way out of date too on 3.8.13 and needs updating to 3.9.10.

You also have three third-party extensions that are showing as requiring updates in Joomla updater too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Moodog
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Jason Redekopp

• Thanks for reply. I will advise 'goldenwest' accordingly. If you can help me further I get an additional error. See screenshot. Thanks again.
    • Jason Redekopp
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Until you deal with the other issues and do the updates that I suggested then there is no point at looking at further issues. All the errors will be related to out of date software. Do the updates first and if you still have issues then let me know and I can investigate further.

Regards, Mark.
    • Moodog
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Jason Redekopp

• Is there a way I can install the Gantry 4.1.41 template so it is separate from the current one installed so the client can put their CSS styling back in?

FYI I have recommended update to Joomla 3.9.x to the client accordingly and plan is to update asap.
    • Jason Redekopp
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No, you cannot have two different versions of Gantry 4 installed at the same time.

Had the "Goldenwest" developer renamed the original "Gantry" template to something else you would have been able to install out new "Gantry" template, yes, but they didn't. So now, no, you cannot install two different templates called "Gantry" at the same time.

Our original template files should never be changed, ever.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds