Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 4 and Joomla 3.9 after recovery

• Gioani

Gantry 4 and Joomla 3.9 after recovery

Posted 1 year 11 months ago
    • Hi,
      I have 2 websites working with Vermillion under Gantry 4.
      website 1 : www.pisteur-secouriste.com
      website 2 : is a folder under the main folder, it is located on www.pisteur-secouriste.com/formation (and you can get it typing www.pisteur-secouriste-formation.com (redirected on www.pisteur-secouriste.com/formation )

I made several updates on websites but didn"t do the backups properly :
      1/ I made an update from Joomla 3.9 in 3.10 and a backup before with Akeeba,
      it didn’t work very well so I made a restore just after because I thought a restore was the best, unfortunately I didn't know how to use the Akeeba backup recovery properly and instead of deleting files and folders, I mixed them..

After the restore , the backend was ok but on the front end, I had nothing appearing the page is empty.
      I changed the template and when I use a very basic template, it is ok on website 1.

So now the website is in Joomla 3.9.4

I lost the backup made first, using it without saving it so it has been used and deleted
      After the recovery I have :
      - The website 1, is working only with a very basic template, and not with the original one (it is Vermillion, with Gantry ), there is an empty page if I select Vermillion template.
      - The website 2, on the front end I got an error message Class 'Joomla\CMS\HTML\HTMLHelper' not found
      - I understand it is probably a confusion between Joomla 3.9 and 3.10
      - But what can I do, the only backup I have it’s the database made every day with OVH, but I don’t have anymore an akeeba backup

I hope my message about these 2 related problems, is clear enough

Thanks
      Sandrine
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 4 and Joomla 3.9 after recovery

Posted 1 year 11 months ago
    • Oh dear, I don't see a way out of that as you have created a hybrid j3.9/J3.10 site by restoring J3.9 on top of J3.10 without clearing the directory and database first.

Try asking Akeeba - I think I saw something about this on their forum - they may be able to help.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds