0 items Join Now

WP-E-Commerce 3.8 Fatal error: Call to a member function dis

• WP-E-Commerce 3.8 Fatal error: Call to a member function dis

Posted 13 years 1 month ago
    • Currently running the following:
      - Juxta them with Gantry 1.9
      - Wordpress 3.1
      - wp-e-commerce 3.7.8

Everything seems to be working fine. wp-e-commerce 3.8 has been release with a lot of new features and streamlined code. One major change in the plugin is to use custom post types for the management of products.

I attempted an upgrade on my development system. The wp-e-commerce appears to have upgraded successfully. I still have all my products, variations and etc, but now I get an error when trying to load my Products page. The rest of the site work fine and the widgets for the wp-e-commerce I have on the front page are even displaying correctly (after some css tweaks).

When trying to load the Products page I receive the following on a blank white page:
      Fatal error: Call to a member function displayHead() on a non-object in /home3/artistj6/public_html/timnault/dev/wp-content/themes/rt_juxta_wp/index.php on line 13

As part of troubleshooting I reverted back to the default Twenty Ten theme and everything appears to work correctly. Widgets load correctly and the Products page displays the products as intended.

Wp-e-commerce does provide a default theme and will search for it in three different places in the following order:
      1) Selected WordPress Theme Directory : wp-content/themes/selectedTheme
      2) Old Uploads Directory : wp-content/uploads/wpsc/themes/selectedTheme
      3) Wp e-Commerce Plugin Directory : wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/wpsc-theme

I've tried coping the theme files to each of these locations as well as wp-content/themes/rt_juxta_wp/html, but nothing has worked thus far.

- Are there any other customers out there that are using wp-e-commerce with a rocket theme?
      - Are there any special things you have to do to get custom post types to work with a rocket theme?
      - Does RocketTheme intend on porting its RokQuickCart to the wordpress platform? if so any ETA?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
      -Tim
  • Re: WP-E-Commerce 3.8 Fatal error: Call to a member function dis

Posted 13 years 1 month ago
    • I am having the exact same problem using the Reaction Theme - I'm not great at troubleshooting and was hoping to find a solution here. So far, no solution.

Please help, WP-Ecommerce is what we use for all of our websites, this is the first time I've had this issue.
    • badwolf

Re: WP-E-Commerce 3.8 Fatal error: Call to a member function dis

Posted 13 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hi guys. I don't use the WP-Ecommerce but I'm having exactly the same error after installing Juxta. Can't someone over at Rockettheme please update us on what this error is and how it can be fixed? Love your themes, but something is knocking this theme out for some reason. Help!

Posted 13 years 3 weeks ago
    • Bump!!!

Would really like to understand why Rocket themes do not support custom post types??? It pains me to say this because I love Rocket themes and have been using them since 2008, but if Rocket themes does not plan on supporting custom post types then they need to stick with Joomla. I don't think these are going away any time soon so really need a fix to this or I will be forced to look elsewhere.

Posted 12 years 11 months ago
    • I've given up and moved on...found the eShop plug in to work natively with Rocket Theme template. Now to migration my shop :?
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Hi, I'm just seeing this post. It's impossible to say what would cause these errors without seeing links to sites and without knowing which versions of Gantry and the template you are using.

We do not offer support for 3rd party products and I would recommend trying the WP-E-Commerce support to see if they have any information related to this.

I have seen this error and others seem to have had the same problem. Just need to ask if you all are using the most recent versions Gantry and your template, many of the templates have been recently upgraded with bug fixes.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

• My software versions are noted in the original post. I've found and downloaded the latest Ganty for wordpress and will install shortly. However, I do not see anywhere on the rocket site as to actually down load the theme updates. I truly hope rocket does not expect me to pay for another subscription to download a product that was buggy and they fixed? That would be bad PR. I'm sure I am overlooking the page somewhere. A link would be most helpful?!?

I did connect with the WP-E-Commerce folks and the funny thing is they do not offer 3rd party theme support. Please note that I did install the WPEC plugin on a vanilla install of wordpress and all worked fine....this tells me its something with the theme....not WPEC.

Regardless as I noted I moved on and am no longer using WPEC. For others that I having this issue I'm not sure what to tell you except pick on...the theme or the function... apparently at this point unless these updates fix things we can not have both. BTW...seriously does any one have the link to down load Wordpress theme updates I can not find the page ANYWHERE!
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Hi,
      i've got the same problem.
      “Fatal error: Call to a member function displayHead() on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.appm.it/home/wp-content/themes/rt_crystalline_wp/index.php on line 13″

We're running

WP 3.1.2
      Wp e-commerce 3.8.6
      Crystalline Theme 1.0
      Gantry Frameworks 1.11

but there is no product display ( www.appm.it/?wpsc-product=camminar-la-strada as you can see there). Is there a way to solve our problem?

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • Did this ever get resolved - I have same problem here running latest gantry WP Commerce versions and Omnicron template?

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds