Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Wordpress plugins fail to activate because of GantryHi,

• HeliFly
    • Rocketeer

Wordpress plugins fail to activate because of GantryHi,

Posted 11 months 2 weeks ago
    • Hi, I'm in the process of moving a website from Joomla to Wordpress. When loading popular plugins (in this case WPForms Lite) they install but then fail to activate. In the two problems I have experienced so far it looks to be Gantry code that is running when the error is encountered.

One vendor thougt it was a php issue, but I'm on V8 so that's fine.

Any ideas?

Regards, John.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Wordpress plugins fail to activate because of GantryHi,

• It look like a too high PHP issue to me too. Make sure you go no higher than PHP 8.0.x and no higher than Gantry 5.5.15 and are using latest template version. The issue does not look like it originates from Gantry 5 to me.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • HeliFly
    • Rocketeer

• OK, problem seems to be in the install.php file that (I'm guessing) is part of RocketLauncher which is in /wp-content.

/**
       * Custom install for Gantry 5 RocketLauncher.
       */

// Version check for PHP <5.4.0.
      if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.4.0', '<')) {
          wp_die( 'Gantry 5 requires PHP 5.4+. Your PHP version : ' . PHP_VERSION );
      }

I edited line 259 and replaced {$1} with [$1] and could both intall, activate and delete WPForms. Previously it would only install, but would not activate or delete.
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Posted 11 months 1 week ago
    • Hello,
      I have checked following environments:
      Wordpress 6.2.2, Wordpress 6.1, Wordpress 5.9
      Gantry 5.5.13, Gantry 5.5.15, Gantry 5.5.16. Both fresh installs and rocket launcher ones. PHP 7.4 & 8.2.
      I didn't experience issues mentioned in post above.
      Can you elaborate what kind of rocketlauncher did you use? What Wordpress version, what PHP version, what OS, what template, etc :)
      Thanks
    • karolorzel.com
    • HeliFly
    • Rocketeer

Posted 11 months 1 week ago
    • Hi, I'm using the Orion template 1.0.4. I downloaded the RocketLauncher for this back in Jan, but have only recently had time to get started on the upgrade.

Following the setup of RocketLauncher I let Wordpress do its thing and upgrade stuff and had a play with WP as I've only really used Joomla before. Having decided I wanted some basic forms I loaded WPForms Lite and went to activate it. That was when I got the error shown in the first post.

I edited the install.php file in wp-admin and replaced the { with [ around $1 on line 259 (as per the error message) and was then able to activate, deactivate and delete WPForms.

With this working I have continued to develop my site. However, I still got wierd things going on. Most updates to the template work OK with WPForms enabled, but if I try to edit the Page Settings --> Head Properties I get problems when trying to save and the changes are not recorded.

I then rejoined Rockettheme (my membership had run out) as I decided to do a fresh install using just the template file having manually installed a new Wordpress instance. This did not have the problem with the install.php file as it's not there, but still had the same error when trying to edit the Head Properties (error files attached).

I have discovered that if I Disable WPForms whilst I make changes to Head Properties things work fine, but there's clearly something awry here, somewhere.

In summary I think there are two issues. The first with install.php in RocketLauncher and a 2nd with WPForms compatibility.

Good luck.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds