Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Mystery Gap in HTML Code causing padding

• Mystery Gap in HTML Code causing padding

Posted 13 years 8 months ago
    • I have a really strange issue. I'm using the Gantry 3.0.6 framework template. I have all the correct gantry libraries installed as well. For some reason I'm getting a large gap between the bottom of my main menu and the page title tag.

I combined a screen shot of both websites. Local and live dev website. I drew an arrow to where the gap I'm referring to is located.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Now the template are exact copies of each other from local machine to web server. Now if you look at the firebug screen shot below.

Local desktop site is on the top, live dev server is on the bottom. As you can see there is a one line of white space under <div class="rt-joomla"> before <div class="rt-joomla">. Could this be causing my problem? Again, my local desktop site displays correct and the live Joomla development site puts this extra spacing in. Using firebug again, if I hover over the blank space between <div class="rt-joomla"> and <div class="rt-joomla"> you can see that the highlighted layout above (in blue) shows a gap above my beginning page title.

I'm at a total loss on what is causing this problem. I can provide access to via PM to a Rocket Theme support person if need be. Any help would be great!!!!
  • Re: Mystery Gap in HTML Code causing padding

Posted 13 years 8 months ago
    • Hello,
      Can we get a link to check it out live please?
  • Re: Mystery Gap in HTML Code causing padding

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,
      I realize this is an old topic, but I'm a dealing with a similar issue.
      I have a large blank gap between the bottom of my menu and the beginning of my page content, and this occurs for all my pages. I have to scroll down to see the content. I've tried to find what could cause the gap but haven't come out with anything. Any help is appreciated!

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds