Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Understanding mobile device setup

• Understanding mobile device setup

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
    • I have found this link:

www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/j...ser-specific-control

and it shows WHAT can be done with the iphone settings, but unless I'm mistaken it doesn't show how. I have also tried playing around with it a bit, but cannot tell I'm getting any results I should.

I don't understand how to configure it so I know what I'm going to get. Is there other tutorial and explanation? I am using metatemplatepro so that I have three rt templates - Omnicron, Panacea, Somaxiom tied one each to different category - which each says it has iphone template. Works just jolly in any computer web browser. Oh, and its a virtuemart store. I don't find explanation for what the aliases are - and maybe its how I'd get just the content I want on the little bitty screen (hoping) but kind of clueless and not really finding answers I need in searching the forum. If I could pick and choose the content some isnt' wanted anyway for iphone.

Thank you in advance if you can help me find documentation I need.
    • Joomla 3.x New to responsive design or should I say I'm lost?
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

Re: Understanding mobile device setup

• Not sure if this addresses your question exactly but when you edit the template in Admin and go in to the iPhone/iPod Settings, you should be able to hover over each item and get an explanation on what the setting is for and suggestions on how to use it.
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
  • Re: Understanding mobile device setup

• Thank you, Rae, I'm sure that will be some help, I appreciate your time!
    • Joomla 3.x New to responsive design or should I say I'm lost?

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds