Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

has the diagnostices and version checking moved

• has the diagnostices and version checking moved

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
    • When in the back end of any template I do not see diagnostics or version check or default menu item after I upgraded to version 3.0.12. has this moved or do I have a problem as they were fine befor the upgrade
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: has the diagnostices and version checking moved

• Some people are experiencing issues with the new gantry version depending on the versions of extensions and the version of joomla you are running.

It's fine to uninstall the 3.0.12 version and use the 3.0.11 version. You can wait for the next version to come out to upgrade and that will give us some more time to test and see what might be causing this issue.
  • Re: has the diagnostices and version checking moved

• Thank you will do

• Just a not I had jce installed and was having some trubble with the advanced image plugin at the same time and when I switched back to 3.0.11 this problem went away. the issue was with desplaying images in the file uploader, they would not show. is it posible ther is a conflict somewhere. tested on two different installs and same problem.
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• There could be an issue there, but it will take some testing time for us to sort through and see what it may be.

The only updates in Gantry 3.0.12 are things that are included in the Syndicate template, so waiting for us to sort through some things is totally fine. If it's working with 3.0.11 though, I'd just stick with that for now. Sorry to put you in a "holding pattern" on this, but it's a pretty big system and tough to track down issues.
    • Rich Bean
    • Elite Rocketeer

• no, unfortunately that did not fix it. The section is only missing if you use mootools upgrade under joomla. maybe that helpy to sort out the problem quickly. it seems that it start to load the elements correct but then jscript removes them.
      thanks

EDIT: temporarily renaming /httpdocs/components/com_gantry/admin/widgets/gantry-mt1.2.js solved the issue, so the error must be within there

EDIT: or the cache. renamed the file back again but deleted complete cache dir content and reloaded. elements are back again.
    • Paul Fischer
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • UI developer for the USDA

• Recently upgraded to 3.0.12 and I am having the same issue. Diagnostic status and default parameter options (orange column) have disappeared from my template manager.

@martin
      Did you delete the cache via the joomla tool or through FTP?

• I deleted the content of cache dir directly through ftp. Do you have mootools upgrade plugin enabled?
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This is an issue that has been noticed and I'll say again that you don't need to update Gantry to 3.0.12 unless you are using the Syndicate template. Using Gantry 3.0.11 is totally fine for now.

If you are experiencing issues now and some of the other tips you've seen on the forum aren't helping, I'd suggest uninstalling it and re-installing 3.0.11. This will give us more time for testing and the next version will possible give a better upgrade experience.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds