Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Panacea feature modules resize

• newbietoo
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Panacea feature modules resize

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • In the Panacea template when I edit and then save a feature module, the box arbitrarily re-sizes

This happens even if I make no changes e.g. in the image attached, I edited the title text in the first box (a). But in the second (b) I just opened it to edit and then hit save without making changes. I haven't tried to edit the third (c) box, but dare say that if I did it would also enlarge.

Now before this happened, I did modify the title in (a) which caused it to wrap, so I changed it again to something shorter. In any event, I can't see why that should cause it to re-size the box.

Patrick
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Panacea feature modules resize

• Are you using the TinyMCE Editor when you edit modules and articles?

We use RokPad to put in content so we can place more code in there that would normally get stripped out by the editor. If you opened these modules with the TinyMCE editor on and then saved it, it may have stripped out or changed the code slightly.

If you need to find a uniform height that the modules will stick to, even if there is more content in one than the others, pick the tallest one and find a height that works for it, then add this to all 3:
      <div style="height:300px;">
            YOUR MODULE CODE HERE
      </div>

You need to enter this in without the TinyMCE editor on and you can change the 300px to whatever you need to make it work.
    • newbietoo
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I have Tiny MCE as the default Editor but was working in HTML mode; is there some hidden code there? I'll try Rok Pad

Thanks for your help
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• TinyMCE, although it has the HTML mode, can still strip out code on save so it's a real pain at times when trying to keep styling that's custom.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds