Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Individual Menu Item Styling

• Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

Individual Menu Item Styling

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • I am a little unclear how to do individual menu item styling with Gantry templates in Joomla 1.6. I thought I read somewhere that individual menu item styling in Gantry for Joomla 1.6 would not use the Joomla template styles, but have not been able to find that documentation.

My understanding of the standard Joomla 1.6 styling would be that in the Template Manager, you duplicate the RT template. On the duplicate template, you modify the style and then assign that duplicate template to the menu item you want it to apply to. This does work. Is this the correct way or is there another Gantry way to assign styles to individual menu item?
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Individual Menu Item Styling

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • hi there,

the gantry 1.6 templates will always install as master. this means that this style is the default style, you can make copies of it though to be able to assign those copies to certain pages only.

it's what is new in 1.6 and was formerly the gantry per-menu-item configuration in joomla 1.5.

if you open the master, you can type a different name into the 'style name' field on the top left. then click 'save as copy' on the top right.

if you now open your template manager you will see the master and the new copy of the gantry template in the list. the copy can be used to assign to certain pages only via the 'assignments' tab.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: Individual Menu Item Styling

Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    • I'm also trying to do individual menu item styling. I'm using Joomla! 3.7.2 and Gantry 5. I would like to be able to make the demo reel button on the main menu a different color than all the other buttons. How would this be done?
    • Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Joshua Nelson.
    • ∞+1
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Individual Menu Item Styling

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • Hi Joshua,

sorry for the late reply, I am not daily in the forums anymore, since this thread is 6 years old and things have changed dramatically, could you start a new topic in the theme specific forum board for the theme that you are using? Thanks!
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds