Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 - Yikes

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 - Yikes

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • JR - yes, coming soon... watch this space.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry 5 - Yikes

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Couldn't find if the editor had been added yet... so another month goes by and I'm stuck with old templates. I am heartbroken I'm going to have to find a new favorite template provider. The more I think about it the more I realize Gantry 5 is always going to be too confusing for my clients. I suppose releasing Gantry 5 template designs to work with Gantry 4.x is out of the question?
    • The following users have thanked you: Brian Shea, Michael P

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Amy Vansant - Our developers are working flat out on Gantry 5 - this month we released Gantry 5 for the Wordpress platform. I know it can be frustrating when you don't see the changes you want implemented quickly but they really are working very hard and a wysiswyg editor is definitely on their list. https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/236

All new templates will be built on the Gantry 5 platform - they won't be built for Gantry 4 as well. But, Gantry 4 is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. The bulk of our template portfolio is built on Gantry 4 so we will not be retiring them or Gantry 4 any time soon - it will be around a long time yet.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • JR
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Nice to hear. Thank you for the update Mark.

Is this the proper forum on Rockettheme to make programming suggestions related to Gantry 5?

Best regards,

Joel
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• JR - you can interact with our developers and other developers in Gantry 5 chat https://gitter.im/gantry/gantry5 . You can also raise any questions about Gantry 5 and issues here https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues (but that would be for Hydrogen template and Gantry 5 itself - not the paid templates which are supported here in the RT template specific forums). Also, You can ask any questions on Gantry 5 itself here too http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry5-for-joomla .

Regards, Mark.

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Just checking in - will there be some notification when JCE is usable with Gantry 5 so our clients can edit their sites? Maybe it happened already (fingers crossed) but I haven't seen...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • No, it has not happened. The ticket reference ThatI gave you is still outstanding https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/236 , you can track progress there yourself. It is on the list, but there always seems to be more pressing matters to deal with.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by MrT.

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • Been waiting years now, still using only gantry 4 templates because my clients just can't add content without wysiwyg. They NEED an editor. I can't believe this hasn't been a huge issue for sales for you guys? Am I missing something? Not trying to sound snippy at all, just sad.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• As you can see the ticket is still open https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/236 and there has been some further progress and discussion. We want to do it, it's just hard for our developers to find the time given all the other priorities we have to undertake.

I would also add that a lot of particles don't need an editor because you are just keying in plain text in a lot of fields. A lot of particles are specifically design to be configurable without any knowledge of html or any code.

Regards, Mark.
    • Krx
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Amy Vansant wrote:
      Been waiting years now, still using only gantry 4 templates because my clients just can't add content without wysiwyg. They NEED an editor. I can't believe this hasn't been a huge issue for sales for you guys? Am I missing something? Not trying to sound snippy at all, just sad.

Well, I need editor as well. :)

I tested/tried few G5 templates, and used em on few projects but I still prefer G4 ones.
      Call me hardhead but I prefer simplicity over complexity. I dont care if more complex one offers extra features which MIGHT be handy - if I dont use em. I still think that G5 is overengeneered and complicated.

At one point I was using exclusively RT templates on my projects but I must say that I'm shifting my focus elsewhere.

Although I must admit its being harder and harder to find reliable template provider like RT because
      some providers "died", some merged and some are stagnating because WP is dominating CMS market atm.

The same is happening to whole Joomla market.

Regards
    • The following users have thanked you: Amy Vansant

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds