Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Owl Showcase auto height problems

• tyekynan
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Owl Showcase auto height problems

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • Hello,

I am using owl showcase to scroll through text. I am not using an icon or image for any particle. Just title and text. The title shows up fine. But the description text you can barely see. I want to set the height to auto so it turns up when on mobile as well. I can change it to a fixed height: say 200px, but the text runs off on mobile. I realize I can put in an image and it will adjust the height, but I don't want an image, just the description text. At which point the height is almost 0 and unreadable.

www.dvc-rental.com/test
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Owl Showcase auto height problems

• Use this code...
      #owlshowcase-3193-particle .showcase-image {
        min-height: 200px;
      }
      To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • tyekynan
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• That creates a height yes. But it does not fix the overflow issue on mobile. When mobile I can see the text, but it cuts it off. I need this to resize automatically for the content provided. I'm lost..... When there isn't a lot of text, I want it to scale down... when there is too much text, I want it to scale up accordingly.

You can look again with the new scss....
      www.dvc-rental.com/test
    • Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by tyekynan.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You using a slideshow particle for a purpose not intended - it's meant to have images but...
      .g-owlcarousel-showcase .g-owlcarousel .owl-stage .owl-item .item .g-showcase-image-link .showcase-image .item-overlay {
        position: relative;
      }

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds