Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Update issues with Gantry 5.

• najatuk
    • Rocketeer

Update issues with Gantry 5.

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • I am having two update issues with various joomla sites:

1) When I go to update the Joomla version (say from 3.7.5 to 3.8.1 for example, from the backend, I often get a 404 error displayed in the front end Gantry Theme. If I go back in the browser and refresh the update starts.

2) I get a message that there are extention updates on a fresh load and the update appears to be a Gantry 5 update, but when I go to update, it flashes instantly to a screen that no updates are available. If I then go back to Global Configurate it again asks me to uupdate. I go to updates there is no update available but if I go back to control panel then it promps me to update, but after the prompt if I press update it no longer identifies a Gantry 5 update but goes immediately to the screen that no updates are available. I can repeat this indefinitely.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Update issues with Gantry 5.

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Before you update to J3.8.1 make sure you have the latest versions of Gantry 5 and your template and any RT extensions.

Also, go to extensions manager > update and press "purge cache" folled by "find updates" and then do the updates.

Then you can update to J3.8.1

If still no good Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: najatuk

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds