Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Add module to particle

• Add module to particle

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • is there a way to add a module into a particle? I am using content tabs as a particle and want to include a module in there. How cam I accomplish this?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Add module to particle

• Nope there isn't. You can do it the other way around though.

The only time it would work the way you want is if the "particle" in question was a customHTML particle and then you can enable shortcodes in that and use the standard {loadposition xxxx} in Joomla.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Add module to particle

• Is there plans to allow this? i have a document manager that I really want to add in there.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Add module to particle

• No there are no plans to allow this as it would have to be coded into every single particle. Also, it's CMS specific and we try to keep as much of Gantry CMS agnostic as much as possible.

Also, I have to say it's bad practice anyway as it makes sites a nightmare to maintain. Most of the time there is a better and more maintainable way to get the look you want without having to resort to recursive embedding of content.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds