Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

All Customization Has Disappeared!

• All Customization Has Disappeared!

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • My site has reverted to the Corvus template default. All the customization has disappeared. Please help! Website is omahaartistsinc.com

I have downloaded a backup but saw in another post that stated there is a simpler way of restoring site customizations than restoring the site from a backup.

Not sure what info you may need:

Corvus Template
      Joomla 3.8.7
      PHP 7.0.29
      Gantry 5
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: All Customization Has Disappeared!

• all your outlines and settings associated to those outlines are in template/custom/config/

the layout.yaml in each outline folder has most of the settings... check the other yaml files though as well

do you see all of your customizations there?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: All Customization Has Disappeared!

• All I see in /templates/rt_corvus/custom/ is index.html. No .yaml files. When I search for .yaml files throughout my public_html structure, the majority of these files are in /public_html/media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/admin/blueprints/layout/ Custom does not come up at all in the file paths.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Sorry, I was referring to Gantry 5

So when you go to Extensions > Templates > do you have any Corvus Override Templates? Are your settings not in your MASTER Default Template?

In Gantry 4, restoring from backup is usually the only way to go... everything is stored in database and mapping through all the IDs and settings takes a fair bit of patience and skill
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: All Customization Has Disappeared!

• No Corvus Override Templates. When I go into Joomla > Templates and access my master default template, everything has reverted, no customization. It shows in the Assignment tab how many pages it has been assigned to but when I look at the details, none of the pages are checked. Same for the custom template for the home page as well.

This is horribly discouraging. I have backups but I can't pick and choose what is replaced on a restore. I don't know how far I will have to go back to get the customized files I need. If I have to start over, I'm not sure if Gantry is the way to go if something like this can happen on an update.

Thank you for your help!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Updating Gantry or the Theme will NOT override your settings

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds