Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Home page issue

• eddyp
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Home page issue

Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    • Hi all
      We moved the website from one server to another host and now our home page is not showing correctly, however the rest of ths site seems fine.
      Is this a gantry ot template issue? Can anybody help
      www.easydiy.co.za
      Thanks
      Earl
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Home page issue

Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    • The page loads under https but not http - so check your config.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Clear server and browser cache.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Home page issue

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • Hi, I am also facing similar issue. I had purchased iridescent theme and used it in accretegeosolutions.com/ but looks like theme is not applied properly in home page.This problem is seen since few weeks and I am not sure what changes caused this. Somethings are missing in main (Home) page. Please help me in getting to know what needs to be corrected.

Thanks In Advance,
      Madhura
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Madhurashree - It's always better to create a new topic of your own rather than posting in a dormant topic otherwise we might miss your post altogether.

Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Sure Mark. I will take care of it next time.
      I have provided details in secure tab.

Thanks In Advance,
      Madhurashree
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I think this all came about because you have updated WP to latest and not updated anything else.

You are using v1.0 of Iridescent which is way our of date and the latest version is v1.3
      Rokcommon plugin is way out of date on v3.1.12 and the latest version is v3.2.6
      Roksprocket plugin is way out of date on v2.1.2 and the latest version is v2.1.26
      Rokbox is way out of date on v2.50.5 and the latest version is v2.52
      Rokajaxsearch is way out of date on v1.21 and the latest version is v1.27

Please backup and then update all of the above.

Regards, Mark.

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting to know the issue. I have taken back up of database PhpMyAdmin and files in cpanel. And used UpDraft Plugin for taking frequent backups. But I could not find proper article to update plugin and theme. Please help me on this.

Thanks In Advance
      Madhurashree
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I recommend that you use a proper backup plugin such as Akeeba backup. It is not sufficient to just backup the database - you need to backup both files and database to maintain the integrity of the realionship between files and database.

You update the theme using FTP, by downloading the "Theme" package and then unzipping it locally. The copy the "rt_iridescent" folder and it's content over the one on your site in /wp-content/themes/

plugins can be updated in the same way.

Regards, Mark.

• Hi Mark,

I have updated Iridescent theme of v1.3.
      But I am not able to coonect throught FTP using Filezilla.
      It says 'Response: 530 Login authentication failed
      Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server'

Could you pleas help me in correcting this FTP login? I have placed ftp login details in secure tab.

Thanks In Advance
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That just means the login details are not correct (and I get the same). Ask your hosting company if you cannot resolved this yourself.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds