Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    • Hello,
      I need some help with a block that seems to be stuck
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Hadron 2.0 Gantry 5 variable block width problem

• Remove the "span4" module class suffix from the first module. That's a bootstrap class that you don't need.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Hadron 2.0 Gantry 5 variable block width problem

• Thanks for the quick replay Mark. I saw the .span4 only in the Dev tools Inspector and cannot figure out how to remove it. I've read the documentation and could'nt find anything regarding the different span classes. When I review my Base Outline and the other Outlines, I am not seeing any class ID's assigned anywhere. I hope you you can direct me as to how to "remove the span4 module class suffix.

Incidently, since my last email to you, my real domain is now pointed at the site, but all other attached info remains the same.
      The location of the problem is www.liahhoward.com/contact-liah

Thank you again,
      Martin
    • Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by MrT.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Hadron 2.0 Gantry 5 variable block width problem

• 1. Don't put login details in the public tab -0 use the secure tab for those or some nasty person might attack your site.

2. In the module setting you have changed the module settings to use "bootstrap size 4" which you absolutely should not do in a Gantry 5 based template. (see screenshot). It should always be set at "bootstrap size 0" in Gantry 5.

3. Whenever you use the "module class suffix" field in a module you should always begin that field with a space character.

4. The module layout type should also be left as "inherited" too and not changed to "Gantry" as you have done.

5. You had "progressive" caching enabled in global configuration - never use this option - use "conservative" instead (and only when you have complete your developments).

I've corrected all the above.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds