Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

[Gantry5 - Grav] Translations deleted after update

• [Gantry5 - Grav] Translations deleted after update

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Hello friends,

i am a web developer from germany and my clients want their websites to be in german also.
      When creating a blog with grav and gantry5 there are some buttons at the end of each blog item and the blog list (Read More, Next Post, etc.).

To translate this buttons to german I needed to create a new gantry5 translation in user/plugins/gantry5/admin/translations/de and translate the english strings there.

Unfortunately the de-folder gets deleted on every update of the gantry5 plugin.

Is this the wrong method to translate this buttons or how can I preserve the translations?
      It is very frustrating to create new translations after every update.

Thank You in advance.
      Konstantin
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: [Gantry5 - Grav] Translations deleted after update

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • I've raised a bug ticket on the Gantry 5 project about this for you. https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2642 .

EDIT: Actually you can override the files by placing tham in /user/themes/gantry5/admin/translations but we need to improve this process anyway. So at least you have a solution for now.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: Konstantin

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds