Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 Front End Editing?

• Gantry 5 Front End Editing?

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Firstly I was frustrated by Gantry 5's added complexity but I have grown to love it (mostly).
      I was also able to easily produce a WordPress site for a customer using G5 although WP is not my specialty.

This week however we lost a long-time customer due to Gantry 5. We had built her a really good website less that a year ago selling a single product.

She needed to make simple changes and I made a tutorial for her.
      Making that tutorial really illustrated for me that Gantry5 admin area editing is simply not accessible for the non-technical end user.

Sure enough, she has switched to a WIX website that she can easily update as she needs to and cancelled our service.

So I'm wondering if and when there will be a super-simple front-end editing facility added to G5 ?

Gantry 5 is a very impressive system for devs but the lack of front-end editing is the missing piece of the puzzle imho.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Front End Editing?

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • I think it unlikely that it will be added now. It's been on the wish list for some time but our DEVS are always too busy on higher priority projects.

Thank you for your feedback though.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds