Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Instructions for Adding One Gantry 5 Link to Gantry 4 Based Site

• Instructions for Adding One Gantry 5 Link to Gantry 4 Based Site

Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    • My thread got closed without an answer to my question.

Yes, I get that its better to start with a cloned site. My question though didn't get answered.

Can I add a Gantry 5 template to a Gantry 4 site, and not have the Gantry 5 template hijack the site? Previously, when I did this, the Gantry 5 template did so. Dan mentioned that this was done within the installer. I reiterated my question to see if it was still true.

I appreciate the advice, but still would like to know if I can expect Gantry 5 to hijack the G4 site, or if something has changed since.
    • Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
      Download Valentina Studio database management for free (macOS, Windows & Linux)
      www.valentina-db.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Instructions for Adding One Gantry 5 Link to Gantry 4 Based Site

Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    • Yes, you can. When you install g5 it will install a g5 menu and make it default - all you do is set the default menu item back to your own. Then G4 will carry on as it was. Of course if you have the g4 template as the default template then g5 won't show all the particle s in the template - that;s one of the things that is complicated having the two co-exist on the same sit e- but it can be done.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds